News Jimmie Rivera out of UFC 247

It sucks that he had to pull out, because this was an excellent matchup with some heat between them. I hope they find a replacement, but it's not looking great.

It sucks that he had to pull out, because this was an excellent matchup with some heat between them. I hope they find a replacement, but it's not looking great.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...ween-newcomers-austin-lingo-and-youssef-zalal
Vera is off the card. They added a replacement fight between two newbies today to take their place.

Promotion is apparently trying to keep the Rivera/Vera pairing intact and reschedule it for a future event as Rivera's issue is apparently minor.

The loss of this fight is the reason I decided not to attend it live. It was a Top 3 fight for me (behind Bektic/Ige and Jones/Reyes). This card is pretty bad on paper and not worth the price to attend

I feel like Marlon Vera is always either fighting a replacement or is the replacement

The 2 guys that replaced will be going hard for a finish so hopefully we have some fresh contender that comes out of it. It’s the big leagues we can expect 1 of them to try and do something. It’s not always the known names that bring exciting fights

Back