Jimi Manuwa Reporting Live from The Logan Paul vs KSI Fight

Fight was a draw lol. Basically could be just a shitty fix.

Sorta heard of this Logan Paul kid but I was under the impression that KSI was the name of some bush-league Fight Organization that was hosting this shit show.

Also, get this fucking thread outta the Heavies.

They could learn from MMA the sport of kings

giphy.gif
Those two 2 dudes at least had a fighting background..... A bit different. If you are looking to justify watching that trash that’s your issue.

How does stuff like this happen? The world is so transfixed on people like that. That’s fucking pathetic.

Entertainment is how it happens, different people are entertained by different things. It shows that given a large enough platform anyone can build themselves a brand capable of massive things if they work hard enough. This should be a wake up call for just how tiny and insignificant the UFC truly is, if two YouTubers who aren't even at the pinnacle of professional fighting can sell more PPVs than WME can manage to sell with legit world class talent and abilities.

How does stuff like this happen? The world is so transfixed on people like that. That’s fucking pathetic.
Look at their youtube subs. I think 1 has 3 million the other 15. They had two sold out press conferences for crying out loud. That ninja kid gets 500k a month playing fortnite on Nintendo. This garbage runs the world now. I think I'll quit my job and start stream myself talking on sherdog. World doesn't make sense any more.

They sold out the venue and it's reported at over 750k buys, prob more by now.

I have seen Logan Paul in the gym awhile back, the kid has so-so skills for his experience level, his wrestling is def above avg. But then again, I believe he was a HS State Champ, or a State Qualifier, in Ohio in Wrestling, so I guess the Wrestling skill set is to be expected. He and his brother have been hiring Pro Boxers such as Mosely, Judah, and a few others, to help them prep for this event.

I believe KSI has been training RVCA and Wild Card, to what extent though, I have no idea. He has also got some rounds in at Mayweather's gym, and has done some MMA grappling with Bisping. I don't know what his skill set levels are at though.

I am 40, and still think it's crazy that YouTube and social media literally can make someone a "celebrity", but I bet if the UFC had put Logan Paul on a card, instead of CM Punk, the card would have did above avg ppv numbers for the UFC.
No way this Logan Paul guy draws more than CM punk on a UFC card. I just asked about 10 people I knew if they knew who he was one person did. I feel bad for anyone watching this poop.

Look at their youtube subs. I think 1 has 3 million the other 15. They had two sold out press conferences for crying out loud. That ninja kid gets 500k a month playing fortnite on Nintendo. This garbage runs the world now. I think I'll quit my job and start stream myself talking on sherdog. World doesn't make sense any more.
I don’t have a reason to look at there YouTube and don’t really care to. It’s really sad you are right though.

Those two 2 dudes at least had a fighting background..... A bit different. If you are looking to justify watching that trash that’s your issue.
To be fair the Paul brothers have a wrestling background. But it was a circus and it was hilariously bad.

Entertainment is how it happens, different people are entertained by different things. It shows that given a large enough platform anyone can build themselves a brand capable of massive things if they work hard enough. This should be a wake up call for just how tiny and insignificant the UFC truly is, if two YouTubers who aren't even at the pinnacle of professional fighting can sell more PPVs than WME can manage to sell with legit world class talent and abilities.
What was the price point on this?

I don’t have a reason to look at there YouTube and don’t really care to. It’s really sad you are right though.
Pewdiepie has 63 million subs and that's from playing games and talking about memes. If he decided to fight someone like Logan Paul it'd probably have more PPV sales than Floyd and Conor that's what's sad.

No way this Logan Paul guy draws more than CM punk on a UFC card. I just asked about 10 people I knew if they knew who he was one person did. I feel bad for anyone watching this poop.
MMA fans aren't his core audience. You best believe that his audience would actually buy a PPV just to watch him fight.

Would they stick around? Unlikely, but he would definitely bring more people than Punk, since his fanbase are children that will watch anything with him on it, as opposed to Punk's wrestling fans who didn't bother to watch his second fight since they already knew he sucked and it would be a waste of money.

Unfortunately he would. He'd probably fair better in a fight as well.

What was the price point on this?

I honestly have no clue, I don't watch either of these people so I did no research on this. But, if ten dollars is right by the other person that quoted you that's still a decent chunk of money and I'm sure being as big of YouTube personalities as they are they could have charged even more.

Also on top of those 900k buys there were also multiple illegal streams on Twitch with 350k+ people watching them. A category on Twitch that was created randomly called "Boxing Fight" had one million viewers in this watching illegal streams of this fight.

Promoting works. And social media stars are great at it. Unfortunately not too many people care about watching a legit sport.

aw man i meant to watch this shit show but it was in some shit euro country so i guess it happened at like noon or some shit. Honestly can't say I care too much, at least I'll be ready to watch the real fighting in a few hours

id watch

Back