Jimi Manuwa is a very underrated lhw imo

I have never seen a man show as much fear as Manuwa showed against Rumble.

I have never seen a man show as much fear as Manuwa showed against Rumble.
Manuwa stood in the center of the Octagon threw bombs with Rumble like he said he would. I don't see how that constitutes being scared. Bader was scared and shot for a panic takedown.

Manuwa wasn't the greatest fighter in the world but you have to give the guy some credit for what he did do throughout his career. Near the end of his career he was on the receiving end of some terrible knockouts so people forget that he had a great career before all the knockouts and stuff

Jimi Manuwa was a very respectable lhw with great ko power who was willing to slug it out with the top guys in the division, his left hand was fucking lethal and Had the power to end the fight.

He didn't always win but the people he lost to were were guys who ended up fighting for the title (aside from rakic), he has the unfortunate distinction of being the almost guy in the lhw division, a gatekeeper.

It sucks manuwa had to go out the way he did getting knocked out cold by rakic but that's just generally what happens when brawlers who rely on their chins get older. His knockouts of Osp and Corey Anderson are incredible, especially when he knocked out Osp. Manuwa only lost to the elite of the elite, and he smashed everyone else including some legit guys like Corey and Osp.

I hope Manuwa saved his money and is living a happy life in retirement.
God bless Manuwa!

He was a fun fighter... But your original post pretty much "rates" him right down where he belongs.

He can bang and that gets you a few wins

upload_2019-10-21_7-11-19.png

I think he was always "rated" where he should have been. A firecracker on the feet but generally lacking everywhere else. Definitely a disciple of Just Bleed, and as such a general fan favourite.

he has power but his defense is lacking

He started MMA at 28 years old as well. Super exciting fighter.

when I heard this I was shocked. His striking is very crisp. Can’t believe he didn’t start training anything until he was almost 30. Clearly a gifted natural athlete.

Back