News Jimi Manuwa hints at comeback from retirement: 'I was truly born for this game'

Do you think it's a good idea for Jim to come back to MMA?

• Total voters
Shogun and Glover would be good fights for him

All the respect in the world to Manuwa. He started training martial arts very late in life, I think at 27, and still gave a pretty good account of himself at the top level in the sport. Had he started training in his teens with a respectable coach who could have shored up his defensive holes in his youth, the man might have been a world champion.

That said, I believe his time has passed. He should probably stay retired, although I wouldn't really have a problem with him taking a one off against a light puncher in England and going out on a win.

Jimi can still dish it but he can't take it anymore. Stay retired.

Give him Villante if Gian isn't actually moving up to HW.

Someone needs to save him from himself. I don't doubt that he can come back and win fights, but he's been brutally KOd a few times and should be thinking long-term in regards to his health.

Bro you’ve been KO’d five times and your going to be 40 next year. Just stop

Other than his chin being shit, he definitely was born for this shit. He's a convicted felon that gained success attempting to murder people with his hands. Mother fucker always put on some good fights. I'd watch. After the fights were made accesssible to people that don't pay for the shit.

I guess the CTE is kicking in, causing him to forget that he retired because he kept getting knocked the fuck out. Someone remind him.

Jarl

Did Brock set the blueprint for retire -> mega-cycle -> come back after a short period?

His last couple of knockouts were nasty. I don't think he should be coming back personally, but it's not for me to tell a dude not to risk his health if that's what he wants to do.

Probably not a good idea. If he does return, give him Weidman or someone else who is just as likely to get stopped as he is. Also this finish is still one of the most aesthetically impressive in recent memory - plus it sounds like someone getting hit with a bat.

Give him Rockhold and Weidman.

Back