News Jimi Manuwa hints at comeback from retirement: 'I was truly born for this game'

Do you think it's a good idea for Jim to come back to MMA?

• Total voters
Shows you have brave you have to be to work a 9-5 job.

If he SERIOUSLY works on his defense, he could be a totally different fighter... I just don't think he will focus on that terrible defense.

Always sad to see this. A lot of athletes have trouble finding a purpose in life after their athletic career is over.

I wish Jimi Manuwa the best of luck in his comeback if that's what he believes he is meant to do.

>retires
>leaves USADA testing pool
>newfound confidence at 40
>.....?

View attachment 719731 View attachment 719733 View attachment 719735 View attachment 719737

Not trying to be a hater, but Manuwa should stay retired for the sake of his long term health. He has been KO'd in devastating fashion multiple times & will not come close to touching Gold imho.

But hey, if he can come back and put a few wins together... all the power to him.

<Fedor23>

Translation: He's not where he wants to be financially and needs the money. I'll never forget a photo of him that really turned me off to him....big shiney jewelry on, getting into a Benz wagon. Problem is, he never made Benz wagon money, So it's really just another situation where a fighter is living above their means.

Anyway, if he's smart he won't come back, he doesn't really have anything different to offer this time around. Powerful striker with subpar defense and a suspect chin. Hopefully he wisens up and changes his mind. I wish him the best in whatever endeavor he chooses to pursue.

Last edited:
cant make that money when retired.

and the poster boy is a fun fighter. win or lose he entertains.

Who's a pillow fist LHW he can get some confidence back?

Has an exciting style but can't stay awake long enough to impose it

Edit: Unrelated but SMH worthy. Searched UFC rankings and W -145 list is empty. They didn't bother putting any names because there's not 10

They could bring back Pat Cummins.

Who's a pillow fist LHW he can get some confidence back?

Has an exciting style but can't stay awake long enough to impose it

Edit: Unrelated but SMH worthy. Searched UFC rankings and W -145 list is empty. They didn't bother putting any names because there's not 10

Corey Anderson. he already has KO'd him and right now Corey Anderson is on a 4 fight win streak and just beat the hyped prospect Johnny Walker.

I always felt he started too late. Considering he started at 28 years old his punching form was pretty good. Had he started earlier he might've been able to earn a title shot at some point.

i agree. i feel like he was always too slow to react to things. like he was fast, but he'd wait too long trying to pick his perfect shot or whatever. when really he should just throw the leather instead of think too much.

I like Jimi he has great ko power but the Man's chin is cracked not sure coming back is the best thing to do

Yolo... Put him against Chris, that's a solid fight that would garner attention... If he gets a couple wins, then bring him back. He's getting up there in age, but f*** it, so is Yoel... Yoel is just made of steal and cannot be finished in his later years apparently.

He is 39, my guess is that he wants to break that 6-6 tie, but doesnt look good.

i agree. i feel like he was always too slow to react to things. like he was fast, but he'd wait too long trying to pick his perfect shot or whatever. when really he should just throw the leather instead of think too much.
Defensive striking is always harder to obtain. He was great at attacking, but those moments of hesitation you mentioned can easily be explained due to his late entry into combat sports in general. I know these are just what-ifs, but 28 is really late considering he had 0 background in anything prior to learning mma. I don't think it's a good idea for him to come back, he was never a durable fighter and whatever chin he had is completely gone. It doesn't help that he was matched up with guys like Rumble, Volkan, Santos, and Rakic, all of whom are known for KOs.

Maybe not the greatest idea for his health, but a good idea for the fans. His fights are entertaining. If he improves his defence he could win some fights.

Honestly he's like on that Ryan Bader level where he scratches the top 5 and gets starched

There are good fights for him. Shogun is one of them.

Back