Jim Miller says Nate feels like 185lbs and doesn't belong at LW, was the bigger man

method=get&s=conor-mcgregor-03-05-2016-13-19-4-275.jpg

The word "intercourse" can technically be accurately used to refer to two people having conversation (i.e. "Yo, after grabbing a bite to eat, me and my bro went back to my crib and had intercourse.)

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Full Definition of intercourse
  1. 1 : connection or dealings between persons or groups

2. 2 : exchange especially of thoughts or feelings : communion
I am aware of both social and sexual intercourse. For the sake of the more pedantic contributors, second edit incoming...

"Nate is also bigger than he looks. He's just one of those guys who, he's not super built, he's not super muscular, but he's strong. He's a very solid individual.
I remember clinching up with him and he was clearly the bigger man. There are only a handful of guys who I've fought where it just felt like fighting a 170-pounder or a 185-pounder. He was one of those guys. It felt like I was fighting a guy who didn't belong in my weight class."

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

jim_miller__.0.0.jpg

For such a skinny-fat guy Nate seems to win a lot of fights because he's the heavier man.
Is he ducking WW or being smart as long as he can make LW?
If he makes weight then that's his weight class (although he has missed weight). He seemed a little undersized at ww

What are you talking about? He looked normal, completely fine. His face at least looks the same as it would on fight night. The difference between this Nate weigh in and Conor at 145 is night and day. He even missed weight by 5 pounds.

Here's the vid. Anyone with a working set of eyes (watch at around 21 mins) will agree with me.

this weigh in vs Thomson is what I was thinking of

25:45

he looks like a gargoyle

If you can make the weight without looking like an Auschwitz victim and then perform on the night... you belong at the weight class. End of story. Nate's a LW.

Doesn't really sound like he's actually saying that Nate is too big for the wight class, just that he feels much stronger than most of the LWs Miller has fought

Nate is a natural LHW.
If you go strictly by walk around weight, he actually may be over 185 and so you'd be right.

he looks like a gargoyle

He sure doesn't look good. Nate has said before that making LW is very hard for him - I think it takes discipline over several months for him to comfortably get there.

He looked terrific against Thomson, FWIW.

he looks like a gargoyle

He does look worse than in the RDA fight, but still a far cry from Conor.

inpho-00884677.jpg

Guy looks like a holocaust victim. Like a different person.

maxresdefault.jpg

I bet Nate cuts less to make 155 in proportion to their weight.

He was absolutely ragdolled by Rory
He's no WW either
rory does that to most WWs
if nayt stopped eating like a bird and calling it "vegan" he could definitely put on some width

hes 6' and 200 pounds but fights at LW lol

He lost to Rory, and comfortably made weight at 155 for years, so I don't know if you call that "ducking" but sure...

Nate is sorta like Jones, he isn't truly that "big" but his reach and height are very difficult for shorter opponents to handle.. the same way McGregor is a monster at FW

not comfortably , he missed weight before and atleast 3 of his opponents let it fight over weight (like cerrone did)

rory does that to most WWs
if nayt stopped eating like a bird and calling it "vegan" he could definitely put on some width

hes 6' and 200 pounds but fights at LW lol
Not against Condit, Wonderboy, Lawler and Woodley
they were pretty even strength wise

For such a skinny-fat guy Nate seems to win a lot of fights because he's the heavier man.
Ducking WW? Nate has a 3-2 record at WW. However, against true WWs, he's at a disadvantage. Nate's a LW. Is Conor ducking LW or being smart as long as he can make FW? Not a fan, but Conor is being smart so that he can fight in multiple weight classes. However, that doesn't mean he will be successful.

Conor fans give the excuse that Nate being the bigger man (handpicked by Conor, btw) as to why Conor lost, then revel in the fact that Conor is the biggest FW. WTF!

he's clearly ducking fighters his own size

amirite?

I think Nate and Conor have the same problem; they're both a little too big for the weight classes that they compete at, but a little too small for the classes above them. They go through tough cuts but enjoy a reach advantage at their current classes. They're in-between-ers.

The word "intercourse" can technically be accurately used to refer to two people having conversation (i.e. "Yo, after grabbing a bite to eat, me and my bro went back to my crib and had intercourse.)

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Full Definition of intercourse
  1. 1 : connection or dealings between persons or groups

2. 2 : exchange especially of thoughts or feelings : communion

I've also been accustomed to using the phrase "bumpin' fuck-parts" when describing relaxed debates on the legitimacy of transgenderism.

Ducking WW? Nate has a 3-2 record at WW. However, against true WWs, he's at a disadvantage. Nate's a LW. Is Conor ducking LW or being smart as long as he can make FW? Not a fan, but Conor is being smart so that he can fight in multiple weight classes. However, that doesn't mean he will be successful.

Conor fans give the excuse that Nate being the bigger man (handpicked by Conor, btw) as to why Conor lost, then revel in the fact that Conor is the biggest FW. WTF!

I think the Nate of today has filled out enough that he could fight at WW and he wouldn't be at a disadvantage. When he tried to go up a few years ago he was definitely undersized.

"Nate is also bigger than he looks. He's just one of those guys who, he's not super built, he's not super muscular, but he's strong. He's a very solid individual.
I remember clinching up with him and he was clearly the bigger man. There are only a handful of guys who I've fought where it just felt like fighting a 170-pounder or a 185-pounder. He was one of those guys. It felt like I was fighting a guy who didn't belong in my weight class."

source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

jim_miller__.0.0.jpg

Getting those excuses lined up eh?

Nate is really a 155 pounder. He had no business fighting the bigger, stronger Rory McDonald who dominated him at 170. Nate was clearly over his head in that fight. But Conor is no Rory McDonald. Nate will finish Conor in 3 or 4 rounds. Only 8 days to wait.

Back