Jim Lampley Signs Deal With Triller Fight Club

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Triller Fight Club today announced that it has signed Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Jim Lampley as its new lead play-by-play voice.

Lampley will begin his multi-fight deal with the June 19 Triller Fight Club card at Miami’s loanDepot park, which will feature both men’s and women’s unification title fights for the first time.

“I am impressed that Triller Fight Club is aggressively seeking to put together the best telecast possible, and it is that mentality that makes Triller the best possible platform for my return to ringside,” said Lampley. “This first telecast features Teofimo Lopez, conqueror of the great Vasiliy Lomachenko and an exciting new talent who has already made a historic mark on the sport. That says it all for me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/jim-lam...b-starts-play-by-play-role-on-june-19--158074

Boxing for me has felt, very sporadic without HBO being a staple , from Boxing after Dark to The Theme for World Championship Boxing. Lampley , Larry Merchant , Harold Letterman shit , these were the sporting voices of my sports childhood/adolescence the 90s to Early 2000s.

I remember that one time De La Hoya was at an mma event called Affliction and couldnt be present for an hbo event and Lampley said in response that theyd have to pay him a million to be there, well I guess Thriller forked up the money and paid him 2 million.

great I've been saying a lampley jake Paul match would be great

Great now he doesn’t have to try and hide being hammered during the broadcast!

Great now he doesn’t have to try and hide being hammered during the broadcast!
he was hammered? I thought it was just larry. Lampley is the one who cries is ass off, he ought to be on cnn, the crying network.

Gotta believe Golden Boy is headed to Triller at the end of the year as well

They must have assured Lampley that Triller going forward wouldn't be a clown show like last time. Bernstein got the fuck out of there.

I look forward to hearing Lampley’s thoughts on Snoop Dogg’s family barbeques and whatever the fuck DLH is blabbering about.

I remember that one time De La Hoya was at an mma event called Affliction and couldnt be present for an hbo event and Lampley said in response that theyd have to pay him a million to be there, well I guess Thriller forked up the money and paid him 2 million.

I remember that but if I recall correctly it was Larry merchant who said that.

anyway, I’m a big fan of Jim, this actually makes me want to tune in even more. Can’t wait.

Great news I love Jim, but make sure Triller pays you in advance! They're shifty!

you know what they say... the first time as a tragedy, the second time as a farce

Boxing for me has felt, very sporadic without HBO being a staple , from Boxing after Dark to The Theme for World Championship Boxing. Lampley , Larry Merchant , Harold Letterman shit , these were the sporting voices of my sports childhood/adolescence the 90s to Early 2000s.

It was way more professional,and gave us a more stable frequency of great fights. I'll never forget watching Barrera-Morales when I was 10. By the time they fought a third time I was a huge fan of both, even downloaded some of their fights on kazaa/limewire lol. Got the ppv with a bunch of friends who didn't know jack about boxing, and a bunch fell in love with it.

I can't say I am not surprised though, when Jim finished his run at HBO he was pretty open as how he didn't seem to be all that hyped to continue as a comentator, he wanted to do work behind the scenes, as producer or something like that. I figured I would never see him again. Maybe stuff didn't pan out as he expected or maybe they offered him a lot of money.

One thing I don't see is Jim pandering to their bosses when comentating fights between Jake Paul vs Bruce Jenner or some shit like that, back in the day Jim was pretty critical of butterbean fights, constantly making fun of butterbean, saying he never fought anyone who could actually box. Basically what everybody says in these forums about these circus fights, Jim said it live as a comentator. I am not sure Triller is going to like this. Al Bernstein is a very good mannered man with a lot of tact, he never talked shit, you could just tell he couldn't believe what he was actually watching. Jim is going flat out say this shit is ridiculous.

Back