Jim Cornette - "Wrestling is Dead."

For me, today's wrestling is totally unwatchable. Believe me, I've tried. My buddy is still a huge fan and I'll watch a PPV with him every once in a while, but it's just such a numbing and empty experience. It's just not exciting or worth a damn anymore. Compare that to the Attitude Era, which old re-runs still get me pumped, and the old-school Golden Era, both of which are still much MUCH more exciting than the garbage they put out now, and it's just sad. I don't know why. Perhaps it's because wrestlers used to be larger than life and now they're not. The way I look at it is back in the day (Golden Era/Attitude Era) you had your A-level, B-level, C-level, on down the line of superstars, but nowadays, it's as if it's just a bunch of C-level hacks being pushed as if they were A-level.

As for what constitutes A-level, B-level, C-level.... I don't know. I just know that today's wrestlers don't live up to or compare with wrestlers of previous eras in any way. I'll take Junkyard Dog and Booker T over Big E and Kofi any day of the week. I'll take Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Austin, Rock any day over Owens, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Sheamus, Rusev, Alberto.

Give me the WCW commentators, JR & King, or Jesse and Gorilla over the fucking abysmal Michael Cole and JBL. And of course, the GOAT, Howard Finkel is a billion times better than the trash they have now.

Believe me, if wrestling was still like it was back then, I'd never miss an episode. As is, I mainly watch as an excuse to hang out with my buddies. That's it.

Damn son, Mayberrians kickin knowledge out here

kvpaw.gif

if you think wrestling is dead... Come post in the OT and have your opinion changed in about two days

Well... Not exactly. I was a fan, but I don't watch much these days. At all. But it doesn't stop me from keeping up with things I was a fan of in my younger years. Not WWE as it is, now, but wrestling in general, of which I was a fan. If that makes sense. I like the old school stuff, not really much anything going on now, although I did watch Wrestlemania and do try to watch the big shows. Wrestlemania was awesome.
haha same here. I haven't watched a match since 2001 (except for Wrestlemania this year.... and Lesnar/Taker), but for the most part, I haven't gone a month without watching a documentary, watching a shoot interview, or just checking in on what's going on.

I was such a huge fan when I was younger, so I can watch dvds and interviews for days.

After not watching for a decade or so I got back into it in the last year in a half. It started with living in Florida and going to a few NXT house shows after hearing it was a good product and for the cost of a movie it gave me something different to do on a Friday night every couple months. Then I got the network for the Lesnar/Taker Summerslam and now I'll check out the Ppv's and Takeovers.

After not watching for a decade or so I got back into it in the last year in a half. It started with living in Florida and going to a few NXT house shows after hearing it was a good product and for the cost of a movie it gave me something different to do on a Friday night every couple months. Then I got the network for the Lesnar/Taker Summerslam and now I'll check out the Ppv's and Takeovers.
NXt:
Watch samoa joe vs finn cage title match
Samoa vs nakumara title match

Jim "completely out of touch Hillary shill" should think before he rants so much

Well the WWE is having the worst ratings they've ever had in history that's not a good sign. I don't know how many subscribers they have to the WWE Network that might be more important than TV Ratings. Wrestling is still alive but on a decline

Back