JFF: What shoes do you squat in?

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
Just for fun, trying to kill some time. What shoes do you squat in?

I use these guys. Wore them casually for a while as beaters and now they have transitioned to gym shoes, more specifically squat shoes.

Nike_Air_Jordan_1_Mid_Retro_Mens_Shoes_Soft_Grey__Black116_1.jpg

What are u guys working with?

Chucks.

They get beat up really fast, though. I might get a pair of the Metal shoes for my next pair of shoes to squat/DL in.

For high bar assistance, weightlifting shoes.

I used to squat in Vans slip-ons now I squat in Nike Hyperdunks.

the same thing I DL in. I never liked a raised heel

jy604_2395m-500x500.jpg

Chucks.

They get beat up really fast, though. I might get a pair of the Metal shoes for my next pair of shoes to squat/DL in.

For high bar assistance, weightlifting shoes.

I've used chucks before but my feet moved around b/c the canvas is so flimsy. I liked using them for deadlifts though.

That said, I need to get me a pair of Chuck II's.

converse-chuck-taylor-2-release-date-4.jpg

Lace them up better/tighter.

I've never had an issue and there are guys squatting a lot more than both of us using Chucks.

M40576_01.jpg

Used to squat in Chucks, switched to these recently and although I'm not thrilled with the crossfit branding overall I'm very happy with them. They are a bit lighter, more comfortable, more flexible than Chucks and are just as stable and flat. They only cost 45 bucks too.

M40576_01.jpg

Used to squat in Chucks, switched to these recently and although I'm not thrilled with the crossfit branding overall I'm very happy with them. They are a bit lighter, more comfortable, more flexible than Chucks and are just as stable and flat. They only cost 45 bucks too.

I kinda like the ones that Mark Bell designed, but yeah I am so anti-crossfit that I could not bring myself to get them.

M49737_01.jpg

I went barefoot years ago and have never gone back.

I have a pair of nike cross trainers that I squat in. Sometimes, I will use the vibrams so that I can simulate barefoot. When I deadlift, usually it's just in socks

I have a pair of nike cross trainers that I squat in. Sometimes, I will use the vibrams so that I can simulate barefoot. When I deadlift, usually it's just in socks

Vibrams are great for deadlifting, IMO. For squatting, not so much.

Usually squat in old pair of running shoes - Asics Kayano's at the moment. Got used to squatting with raised heel, but tried last week with Chucks and strained my knee because not used to the motion with flat heel.

Going back to running shoes again.

Reebok power shoe. Tried Chucks, they're way too narrow. Also have a pair of adipowers.

I recently bought a pair of Inov 8 Fastlift 335 after months of Chucks. I have good ankle mobility so i can squat fine in Chuck but i want to try out a good pair of lifting shoes to see if there's any difference. The Fastlift to me is a very decent pair pf lifting shoes with very good support heel and won't break the bank. Yeah, technically speaking it is a pair of crossfit shoes but it does the job fucking well.

Fastlift-335-BLACK-RED.jpg

Back