Jews, Christians More Educated Than atheists, muslims

I always say, education is not near as important as common sense, hard work, being good at something and treating people right.

Not sure what you mean here.

Well, according to @In The Name Of and @Rex Kwon Do I'm basically still a Muslim. Maybe I should just accept that instead.

I think come off angrier in my posts than I actually am. I wasn't bothered by the conversation at all.

I haven't said that in awhile tbh. You spent a lot of time convincing me you were an exMuslim. But then you've been defending it more and more recently, and then you make this comment - so I don't know what to think.

The funny thing about education is that some view it as some sort of panacea for everything. Far too many stick to "educating" themselves simply because they have no idea what to do with their life and don't want to come up with an answer.

I don't put much stock in formal education. Most of it is for idiots and the rest are far and in between.

1- it is de facto that many Jewish are educated, it is well known

2- many people do not need education in many countries, it is not profitable enough and education is too expensive and one needs to work urgently to eat, for instance, in Tajikistan the salary of a construction labour is higher than the civil engineer, I have met a syrian doctor who is working as a waiter, because there is no job for him. Hence, it depends on each country economy, I think the same situation in Cuba

if the economy is good, it is recommended to continue the education, otherwise if one has phd and cannot offer food to his kids that is not advisable

3- in the United state, usually muslims are highly educated, the focus on academic life and universities,they do not focue on the politics and banking, however jewish focus more on the politics and finance

Last edited:
I don't think Jews and Christians are more educated. Just more willing to admit we don't know everything and that we can be wrong.

Most atheists are underachievers who lack motivation in life.

My best friend is an atheist, albeit he is very open minded and tolerant of religious people. He is pretty successful but that is relatively weird compared to the louder ones. My girlfriends best friend and her boyfriend are staunch atheists who post anti-religious things on Facebook every single week and love to initiate discussions of why religion is the worst thing to ever exist. That being said, both are unemployed and smoke copious amounts of pot while calling other people dumb.

I have implied to them before that my belief is that regardless of what we believe, our actions are more important than words. If we want to be influential with our viewpoints, we should make sure and actualize in our own lives so our conclusions carry more weight. That goes right over their heads. I'm almost 99% percent sure they call me an idiot behind my back just based on my disagreeing with them on certain social issues.

The funny thing about education is that some view it as some sort of panacea for everything. Far too many stick to "educating" themselves simply because they have no idea what to do with their life and don't want to come up with an answer.

I don't put much stock in formal education. Most of it is for idiots and the rest are far and in between.
I don't disagree that its unhealthy to put too much stock into formal education. For example, I don't think college is for everyone and many people waste their money on it because they aren't really thinking of the risk/reward or taking all factors into consideration. In other words, a lot of people end up with a shit degree that was expensive and pays jack shit or has a low outlook for employment.

That being said, I rarely hear the "most formal education is for idiots" argument from people who are educated. I'm not implying this is you, so don't take this offensively, but most of the people I know in my life personally who are against education or think its overrated are doing exactly jack shit without it. If you don't feel you need it, but you can actualize and achieve financial success without it, more power to you. However, that is not most of the people I come into contact with. Most people are just making shit excuses because they are either too lazy or lack focus.

My belief in an invisible superbeing means I'm smart?
It is just a study, based on numbers. It doesn't account for the causation in its entirety. There are always deeper reasons behind statistics but for whatever reason, people online get a boner off of interjecting their clever little one-liners that are just black and white.

That is like me saying "Men make more money than women", and a woman responding to me with "Are you saying that having a vagina is causing me to make less money?"

Well I mean, Fuck, if you're going to look at it that way.... Or maybe, many times, men and women value different things in a career?

It is just a study, based on numbers. It doesn't account for the causation in its entirety. There are always deeper reasons behind statistics but for whatever reason, people online get a boner off of interjecting their clever little one-liners that are just black and white.

That is like me saying "Men make more money than women", and a woman responding to me with "Are you saying that having a vagina is causing me to make less money?"

Well I mean, Fuck, if you're going to look at it that way.... Or maybe, many times, men and women value different things in a career?
And the study is here presented in such a way as to *directly * suggest that it means Jews and Christians are more intelligent than atheists and Muslims.
But you're right, it's just numbers produced by the kind of study that would receive much more criticism around these parts were it positing the opposite.

That being said, I rarely hear the "most formal education is for idiots" argument from people who are educated.
I am, and I lament the state of education today. 100 years ago it was a completely different animal.

Yeah, I'm that old.

Yeah, not like there is a relationship between education and prosperity or anything like that. If only there was some data to corroborate this.

Education Leads to Lower Fertility and Increased Prosperity
http://www.earth-policy.org/data_highlights/2011/highlights13

Back