Jessica Rakoczy record

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Jessica Rakoczy is fighting at UFC 186

but Damn she's got a shocking MMA record

Jessica_Ragin_Rakoczy_MMA_Stats_Pictures_News_Videos_Biography_-_Sherdogcom_-_2015-01-18_025628_zps0a2ac70d.jpg

Jessica_Ragin_Rakoczy_MMA_Stats_Pictures_News_Videos_Biography_-_Sherdogcom_-_2015-01-18_025647_zpsa5131ab4.jpg

Thats a rough looking record. It doesnt do her justice at all.

And where the fuck is juliana pena?

its bad, but she did make it to the finals of tuf in a weight class she clearly shouldnt have been fighting in. Would love to see her fight Holly Holm due to both of their impressive striking credentials

just proof that people shouldn't go by records alone to judge a fighter's current ability, especially if they were a top fighter in another combat sport and were in the process of transitioning.

also all the losses are to fairly well known names and some of those fights were close/arguable decs; on the other hand, Holly Holm has literally only fought cans and thus has a perfect record, and if she was thrown out of her depth vs Ronda they would be using that perfect record as hype.

Met her at a Tigercats game last summer, super nice woman. She was training but having trouble finding a fight. Glad shes back in the cage.

Given Ould's latest performance, I would have to say that is the loss most glaring. Though I do understand that was her first fight.

she got into mma with only boxing and lost the 1 few with little mma training, looked improved on the show,,,was hoping to see her sooner..

She was a very good pro boxer with a record of 37-3. She wasn't expected to do much on tuf and I believe she was picked last, but she showed a great abilty to learn and adapt to MMA by making it to the finals imo. Yea she got steamrolled by Pena but Pena is a bigger girl and a much better wrestler.

Her boxing is crisp, not gonna lie.

Good example of a crossover from high level boxing to mma, wish we saw it more.

Her record is bad, but also good from another perspective (how well she did against who she fought). Since TUF she has looked good.

Given Ould's latest performance, I would have to say that is the loss most glaring. Though I do understand that was her first fight.

Well Ould's last fight was vs an undefeated fighter who will probably be fighting for that division's #1 spot in 1-2 fights (and has a win over Pena). & yeah, it was Rakoczy's first MMA fight and she hadn't had much MMA training, she just wanted more money.

You could see a similar thing happening with a top male boxer, if he had aptitude for grappling, except there isn't any incentive for a top male boxer to cross into MMA.

I wouldn't quite go with 'records don't mean anything', but Rakoczy is a good case of how someone's past record in some cases doesn't mean anything with regards to where they belong in MMA in the present.

37 wins, 33 by finish in boxing. 3 losses, 1 stoppage.

She is Dewey Cooper's girl and had the guts to jump into WMMA without much ground game at all. So the record understates her talent. She's just playing catch-up on the ground. She also came into the sport past her prime with a lot of chin-damage already. It happens.

She was a TUF semi-finalist, that's why she's in the UFC.

She was also too small for her weight class

Jessica Rakoczy is fighting at UFC 186
but Damn she's got a shocking MMA record

She's dropping two weight classes to fight at UFC 186 as a strawweight. She made it to the TUF 18 finale as an under-sized bantamweight. Now she will be a large-sized strawweight and should start doing much better in the fight results. And she has had more time to train MMA.

She's only on the card because she's Canadian...

Back