Jessica Penne reaches an agreement with USADA: Accepts Sanction for Second Violation

The base was 2 years.

She could have got an extra 2 years as a second offence but USADA accepted her argument that she did not "intend to cheat" with her first offence.

She got a 4 month reduction for having grown up conversations with them instead of spreading nonsense and half-truths on social media.

"Penne’s participation in discussions with USADA following her initial public comments in January"

So if you rant on social media with bullshit excuses, and then retract it, you get a shorter suspension? WTF.

Keeping her away from bellator is the upside. I don’t really understand this sentiment. When athletes get busted people, not necessarily you I’m talking about, act as if the UFC should just release them so they can go fight somewhere else. If they did this, they would not only be helping the athlete but the competition as well. And disgruntled athletes would use it as a way to get out of their contracts. Sure Jessica is not a huge draw by any means but her services are still property of the UFC. She screwed up, why should the UFC “suffer?”
I 100% get what you mean but I don't think the UFC suffers by losing Penne is all. If she comes back at 38 she really only has a couple fights left anyways.

Someone like Costa or Zabit or someone with a big future, yeah definitely you sit on their contracts and wait till they come back, I just don't see that with Penne. Not to knock Penne but she's been on a losing streak and has more miles in the rearview than the windshield.

I 100% get what you mean but I don't think the UFC suffers by losing Penne is all. If she comes back at 38 she really only has a couple fights left anyways.

Someone like Costa or Zabit or someone with a big future, yeah definitely you sit on their contracts and wait till they come back, I just don't see that with Penne. Not to knock Penne but she's been on a losing streak and has more miles in the rearview than the windshield.
If she can go to Bellator and bolster their roster in any way, shape, or form....then the UFC suffers from her bad decisions. It’s not the same as if were top talent, but they would suffer to some extent. The bottom line is her services are the property of the UFC. The UFC did nothing wrong, so why should they have to relinquish those rights because she’s got a sob story? And like I said, they can’t just let her walk because if it sets a precedent, somebody else will try it to get out of their contract.
The UFC has been pretty reasonable, they’re not complete assholes. When it comes to bigger names, the UFC has a history of letting the USADA case play out and then waiting a bit beyond that and ultimately releasing you. They did this with Frank Mir who bitched the whole time, Crocop may have been released even sooner, also Josh Barnett and a couple others. Jessica’s case, however, appeared as if she was lying about the tainted supplements which gives the UFC even more cause to sit on her contract.

Back