Jessica Eye vs Julianna Pena set for UFC 192 Oct 3 in Houston!

media

If Pena can't implement her usual gameplan (takedown, mount, gnp, stoppage), then Jessica Eye should get the nod.

Winner of this fight should win two more times before any talks of Contendership.

They best keep them far away from Nunes ofcourse.

Litmus test for Pena...

If she beats Jessica Eye in a dominant way... sets up a strong "She's better than Meisha = She's the next best challenger for Ronda" angle.

Pena wins this with her aggression and finishes Eye on the ground. Can't decide whether it'll be by submission or GNP....I'll go with the latter. This will be the night the Venezuelan Vixen truly emerges :cool:

Eye was able to stop some of Miesha's takedowns, I'd tend to favor Eye here.

Yeah if Pena wins dominantly, legit new contender.

Eye disappointed me in the last outting, but she still has a major edge over Pena.

[Yt]MEQvbYFX4KQ[/MEDIA]

Dang tough back to back fights for Jessica, I got Pena by via submission or decision similar things that gave Eye problems from Tate I see Pena doing.

Pena is going to destroy her on the ground.

pena is pretty nasty if eye gets taken down this fight is over

pena has some of the best gnp in WMMA

Man, Pena looked incredibly beautiful at the weigh ins. Never noticed her looking that good before.

Pena is way hotter and has a better ground game so Pena via tko.

I wish all fighters look healthy like this at weigh-in, rather than like they're auditioning as an extra on The Walking Dead.

I am going to root for Eye because I'd rather give her snuggles.

I am surprised to see so many people believing in Pena. I was surprised most sherdoggers were going for Jessica Eye against a much more skilled and stronger opponent Miesha Tate, now I am surprised sherdoggers reckon because of her loss to Miesha, Eye will get destroyed by Pena. If Pena wins this I will be very impressed with her, but I think Eye will be too much for her. Pena is the weaker, less skilled/experienced version of Miesha, Pena does not have a knockdown right hand nor power to bring the fight to the ground, Eye via decision.

Peña has more pop on her punches than Miesha, I think, actually. Also, Miesha is very complimentary of Julianna and vaunts her punching power, specifically. She can keep up a high output, too. I think she will win with her all-out aggression, grit and athleticism.

Pena will win. Her striking isn't very good but at least she knows to keep her chin down unlike Eye. She has an huge ground advantage.

I think Pena is going to run right through her.

I would've thought that Eye would be medically suspended a bit longer after that punch Miesha landed in the first. Either way, Pena wins.

I have zero faith in Eye. Perhaps even negative faith in Eye, to the point I would pick against her everytime. She's good with her jab, but her fight IQ and aggression is too low to threaten anyone. She runs up against a grappler that decides to walk through her punches and clinch/shoot, she's going down. Maybe with a struggle, but eventually she will fold.

Pena is the worst possible matchup for her as well. I'll have alot more respect for Eye if she even makes it to the judges win or lose.

I am surprised to see so many people believing in Pena. I was surprised most sherdoggers were going for Jessica Eye against a much more skilled and stronger opponent Miesha Tate, now I am surprised sherdoggers reckon because of her loss to Miesha, Eye will get destroyed by Pena. If Pena wins this I will be very impressed with her, but I think Eye will be too much for her. Pena is the weaker, less skilled/experienced version of Miesha, Pena does not have a knockdown right hand nor power to bring the fight to the ground, Eye via decision.

well tbf, Meisha is a bit robotic with her movement, she also likes to follow her opponents around the cage, utilizing very few attampts at cutting off the cage. I think the prevailing wisdom was that Eye would find alot of success, win or lose, against her with her counters and jab.

Pena doesn't really follow folks around, she's more likely to bum rush the fuck out of someone until she gets whatever position she wants. I think we've all seen how Eye faded fairly quickly under Meisha's pressure. I would rate Pena's on a higher level, despite her not being as skilled overall as Meisha. I think Pena is good enough in the right areas to just walk through Eye.

Big test for Pena. I think she will pass it if she can keep her head in the game and not get to caught up in the trash talk.

Pena has shown some self confidence issues when it comes to the head games. Eye is a trash talker and will fling some shit to stir it up. Eye can fight too, so she can't be taken too lightly.

Looking forward to it for sure.

Women's MMA Roundup

[YT]WKhcZmZ69FE[/YT]

Eye should win if she has had ANY improvement and learned any lessons from past fights. Whoever worked smarter and harder in the last 6 months wins.

Pena is not technical at all but she has power and hits hard. Eye just show she has some porous defense and has a suspect chin. Gotta go with Pena here

Hope pena gets the nod here.

She is fun to watch if very raw.Plus she is the hottest chick at 135

Pena doesn't really follow folks around, she's more likely to bum rush the fuck out of someone until she gets whatever position she wants. I think we've all seen how Eye faded fairly quickly under Meisha's pressure. I would rate Pena's on a higher level, despite her not being as skilled overall as Meisha. I think Pena is good enough in the right areas to just walk through Eye.

Pretty much exactly how I see it. Pena is a bad matchup for Eye.

Back