News Jessica Eye is the #1 contender that y'all are sleeping on

Ass pics pls.
Jessica "brown' Eye
giphy.gif

Nothing against the ladies, but is a terrible match up. Valentina is going to wreck her.

Surely your statement speaks volumes about the embarrassing lack of depth in this division. Why bother even having them fight, force Valentina back up to 135 and cull the whole ridiculous division. If Nunes pulls off a miracle against Cyborg any luck they'll cull the 145 division as well.
The ufc signed several talent and undefeated flw's but as Edson Barbiza vs Dan Hangman showed us; there are levels to this

You will be disappointed if she fights Shev. The odds are stacked so much against her. Shev is better in all areas. She's even better at getting decisions.
I didn't say Jessica would beat Shevchenko or that I would bet her against Shevchenko if she does get the title shot she asked for. Part of being a gambler is analyzing each matchup in context as appropriate.

I didn't say Jessica would beat Shevchenko or that I would bet her against Shevchenko if she does get the title shot she asked for. Part of being a gambler is analyzing each matchup in context as appropriate.

Alright buddy. I am just looking out for your best interest here. I'd hate to see lose your earnings on Jessica Eye, Jimmy boy.

Confirmed: TS was caught staring at Jessica Eye's ass, and was guilted into making this thread.

Source: https://www.ufc.com/rankings

Some virgins keep bringing up that she has a losing record in the UFC. But all those losses were in a weight class above her natural weight. Plus she was never finished in any of those fights.

But at flyweight she is a perfect 3-0 with two victories over promotionally favored fighters (Chookigian and Clark). She snapped both of their 3 fight win streaks.

She will give Valentina a tough fight. I don't hate Valentina. But the fact is that she is mainly a point fighter. And Eye is hard to finish. Not saying Jessica is guaranteed to win (though it is more possible than most may think) but it will be a tough fight.

I expect the virgin contingent to strongly disagree. Go ahead. I'm going to quote each and every one of you when I bump this thread after the fight.

Bump away. Eye gets countered and taken down the entire fight. Shev 50-45 UD.

An Eye challenge would just be going through the motions, Shevchenko is just too far ahead in the aspects of the game Jessica sees as her strong points. Nicco Montano would be a fun fight, given the bad blood between the two, the UFC never really gave her the opportunity to recover from her injuries, unlike Rose.

Really Carmouche v Pudilova is the top contender fight and either would give Val a better fight than Eye. Somewhere down the line Suarez poses the greatest threat.

An Eye challenge would just be going through the motions, Shevchenko is just too far ahead in the aspects of the game Jessica sees as her strong points. Nicco Montano would be a fun fight, given the bad blood between the two, the UFC never really gave her the opportunity to recover from her injuries, unlike Rose.

Really Carmouche v Pudilova is the top contender fight and either would give Val a better fight than Eye. Somewhere down the line Suarez poses the greatest threat.

Agree to all of this.

That might be so and there is a small window in becoming ufc champion but in this case, I don't like her chances vs. champ. If it's just a headlining/ppv $$ thing then whatever. Jess needs to evolve further.....its not like she's run through her last few bouts.Lets keep it real and pump the breaks- flip side of coin, it's MMA and anything can happen. Holly came off a bunch of ordinary at best wins and won as a +1100 underdog so who knows.

You say Val is a point fighter. What do you think Jessica is?....she has 1 tko by doctor stoppage in the last 6 years

I only pointed out Val's point fighting style to show that she most likely won't finish Eye.

two of those were split decisions against bums
Her record is 4:6 and she sucks. Should've been cut in 2016 after winning 1 out of 7

val is gonna reign for a long time unless she has a serious choke job

eye isnt in her league and the rest of the contenders aren't really close either. the calderwood vs lipski fight is really the only upcoming fight at womens 125 id consider watching

WMMA really struggling outside of strawweight

She will give Valentina a tough fight. I don't hate Valentina. But the fact is that she is mainly a point fighter. And Eye is hard to finish. Not saying Jessica is guaranteed to win (though it is more possible than most may think) but it will be a tough fight.

So what you're saying with this paragraph is the sloppy fighter who isn't a finisher will beat the sharp point fighter because the sloppy fighter is hard to finish?

How does that make sense?

Back