Jessica Andrade - Marion Reneau set for UFC fight night 61

Surprised Reneau's hands will be recovered to fight in 7 weeks after the beating they took via Dufresne's face.

Reneau is gonna be too rangy for Andrade.

Yes Andrade overcame similar issue against Pacheco but Reneau's ground game is much better.

Just realized Andrade is on a 3 fight winning streak.

Well, Ill get Andrade just because shes more experienced. Also Pacheco wasn't a newbie on ground. 7 of her victories came by the way of submission.

And by mentioning her. I trully think Pacheco vs Reneau would be a better match than this one, since Andrade is on a 3 winning streak.

Sorry I made a second thread on this, Necrocrawler.

I had actually seen your thread earlier that day and had originally had only the intention to add to it, but then I couldn't find it. After searching pages, I then used the Sherdog search function twice, once using "Andrade" and once using "Reneau" and your thread didn't come up at all either time for some reason (it does now).

Hopefully a forum admin will just combine my later thread to this earlier one of yours (is there a way to notify them for that?)

My later thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/marion-reneau-fight-jessica-andrade-ufc-fight-night-61-a-2907757/

Andrade beat the shit out of rosi sexton. One of the worst beatdowns in womens mma. Check that fight out

Just realized Andrade is on a 3 fight winning streak.

And Reneau is on 4.

Marion Reneau gets quick turnaround, meets Jessica Andrade 51 days after UFC debut

007_Marion_Reneau_vs_Alexis_Dufresne.0.0.jpg

Marion Reneau, who scored a unanimous decision victory over Alexis Dufresne at the Las Vegas event on Jan. 3, makes her return to the Octagon at Porto Alegre’s UFC Fight Night 61 on Feb. 22 against Brazilian bantamweight Jessica Andrade.

Reneau (5-1) returns to the cage 51 days following a dominant victory over Dufresne at UFC 182, the first time "The Bruiser" ever went the distance in MMA. The win extended the 37-year-old fighter’s winning streak to four, including two knockouts and one submission.

Andrade (12-3) enters the cage riding a three-fight UFC winning streak, capped off by a first-round guillotine choke finish over Larissa Pacheco. Prior to the quick finish, "Bate Estaca" scored decision victories over Raquel Pennington and Rosi Sexton.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/8...uick-turnaround-meets-jessica-andrade-51-days

Andrade might have had more experience but she showed no fight smarts here...pulls out of one triangle only to go right back in another- with a hammerfist no less that was caught ! Practically just perfectly positioned herself to Reneau for that triangle.

Good for Reneau but Andrade looked really bad

Reneau is gonna be too rangy for Andrade.

Yes Andrade overcame similar issue against Pacheco but Reneau's ground game is much better.

Nice call. Reneau has a nice combination of good striking awareness and a solid bjj game. She's an exciting addition to the WBW division.

It's interesting too, because we're starting to see a trickling effect of top female athletes come into the UFC and mma in general. Reneau was an Olympic caliber heptathlete who didnt have another outlet for her athletic talents. Holly Holm is another example. One of the greatest female boxers of all time and she walks away from the sport to compete in the UFC.

2 wins in 51 days, not too shabby!

Back