Jermain Taylor arrested. (again)

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

This time for punching a woman and holding a knife to her throat.

Shame that both he and Pavlik ended up in the gutter after what initially looked to be promising careers.

Pavlik got his act together as of late. Has a podcast and got back into solid physical shape. Hope he keeps it together.

Taylor's life is in the dumpster. Serious fall from grace. Damn shame.

He was lucky to get probation before but fucking up while on paper.. I am pretty sure he is ending up in the Pen.

This man should be in an institution. I think he's so mentally ill, it's hard for me to even judge him accountable for things like this, for years now. To the point where I'm concerned he's going to go James Butler.

This man should be in an institution. I think he's so mentally ill, it's hard for me to even judge him accountable for things like this, for years now. To the point where I'm concerned he's going to go James Butler.

That is how I feel. He seemed like such a nice guy when he first came on the scene also. If any boxer is gonna develop some serious CTE, it is him. Multiple wars and brutal KOs at the end of each war (Froch, Pavlik, AA).

If he goes to a prison, he is going to kill or be killed relatively soon into incarceration. Poor guy.

If the allegations are true, I have no sympathy for woman beaters and he can rot in jail.

Young children know the difference between right and wrong.

Young children know the difference between right and wrong.

demented people or those with brain injuries don't tho. I think severe CTE could be a pretty big factor here. If so, he doesn't need to be institutionalized, but needs to be in a supervised setting such as an assisted living facility. Moreover, he needs to be on at least one anti-psychotic/sedative medication like Haldol.

I assume they scanned his brain at some point, a court could order it now, for sure. If there is no evidence of CTE, then yea, no remorse for him.

I feel sorry for the woman, and very sorry for Jermain Taylors family and loved ones if he even has any left. Watching a family member lose their sanity is like living in hell.

If he doesn't have CTE then I have absolutely no mercy or sympathy for him.

May he forever burn in the fiery pits of hell. Or hopefully gets hit by a truck before he seriously hurts someone.

Poster child for CTE. He is a full on menace these days, and has been for years.

He wasn’t remotely like this prior to the several head traumas

Last edited:
For those who'd blame Taylor for his actions, I would like to reiterate that this is a dude who suffered a life-threatening brain bleed & then got relicenced so he could go get hit in the head some more.

Post internal cranial swelling & life-saving brain ops, he's done various nutty things since resuming getting hit in the head. Those who masterminded his "comeback" post-injury, those who allowed the decision to pass & everyone else involved bears some of the responsibility for his various bits of crazy since.

It's a fucking disgrace on so many levels.

BTW: in before some halfwit libertarian fucknut cunt comes up with "It's his decision BLAH BLAH personal responsibility", no, it never should've been. A fighter who's suffered a brain injury whilst still somewhere near his physical prime is always always always gonna say "I wanna do it, give me one more go". You don't have to assist the motherfucker to commit suicide, & certainly not just so various middlemen, butchers & fucking hangers-on can get rich(er) off him.

If you suffer a traumatic brain injury, you don't get to make fucking important decisions like "I wanna go get hit in the head some more". This isn't fucking Mad Max.

Ahem. Sorry. The case of Taylor has made me spit venom ever since Haymon paid off half the (disgusting slime at the) NSAC to allow him back in the ring.

I thought he was still locked up for shooting a relative a few years back. The way he’s going he’ll be dead soon.

I never really liked Jermain but he seemed like a decent enough guy. Makes me feel a little guilty that I enjoyed watching him get KO’d so many times. Looks like it may have ruined him permanently.

I said this 6 days ago and now this.... Guy needs to be locked up.

Jermaine Taylor might be a better example, actually, he's gone off the deep end. I think there's a high chance he's gonna end up killing someone, not to be dramatic but he's on the edge of doing some super fucked up shit, imo. Taylor was such a nice guy back in the day, too. Now he's like a crazy old man.

I said this 6 days ago and now this.... Guy needs to be locked up.

damn dude, and I had quoted you in that thread to. I forgot about that thread. So tragic. Literally a rag to riches tale, ending in night mare. I remember in even just the countdown to the second BHOP fight, Taylor had an amazing looking property, with a gate that said bad intentions. He and Steward were fishing together at a training camp in the Poconos.. His wife and him looked so content.

Tragic

Oh, and props to Lou DiBella for refusing to represent Jermain after he saw the shape he was in. It takes a bit of a soul and some decency to get off the money train.

Unfortunately, not everybody rolls with scruples...and no, I don't think the guy is a saint or anything, but credit where it's due.

Damn Taylor had the saddest fall next to Riddick Bowe.

demented people or those with brain injuries don't tho. I think severe CTE could be a pretty big factor here. If so, he doesn't need to be institutionalized, but needs to be in a supervised setting such as an assisted living facility. Moreover, he needs to be on at least one anti-psychotic/sedative medication like Haldol.

I assume they scanned his brain at some point, a court could order it now, for sure. If there is no evidence of CTE, then yea, no remorse for him.
Assisted living? Not sure I would have wanted him being roommates with my grandma.

Back