Jerks at during BJJ training

Yeah, but I thought this was for those under the age of 16...

TS said he and the other guy are both still in the "youth" class or some such thing. Maybe they keep them in there until they are out of High School or something.

Exactly what I would have done.

Just don't go Babalu on his ass.

Other members have offered you a variety of useful suggestions ranging from ignoring him to taping him repeatedly and just about everything in between... If you really, truly want to take the bounce out of his step and mellow him the fuck out... you can always drag him in the bathroom and go prison on his ass. :icon_twis (He MUST be 18 before you offer this service).

White
Blue
Purple
Brown
Black

Wtf BJJ school has yellow and orange belts??
I are confuse

To the people who do not know: White, Yellow, Orange, and Green are the under 16 belt ranks recognized and created by the IBJJF. My instructor decided that instead of letting this 17 year old kid be a white belt for a long ass time, he would rank him in the under 16 belts until he thinks he is ready to become a blue belt. That way, he wouldn't be a white belt for a long time, even though it doesn't matter.

And no, my school is not a McDojo. alexbrandaobjj.com. Alex Brandao is a 4th degree BB, is a 3 time Pan Am's winner in the black belt division, 2 time Copa Pacific winner, and 3 time Machado tournament winner. He is also the student of Fabio Santos', who recieved his BB from Rickson, and cornered Royce at UFC 1, 2, and 3.

He'l say things like "Yea, so you ready to get armbarred right now?" as we get ready to roll, even though hes never hit on in training. He'll also say "So, do you wanna start off easy? I'll give you in the mount, then we can start rolling." "Let's have an MMA match dude, I'll bring my gloves!"

I'll give him the advantage of being ontop, and I'll have guard and he STILL loses

Seems like the general consensus is that he is just joking around. I asked for detail because this happens a lot at my gym. I constantly threaten blue belts and they know I'm joking. I'll even joke about that stuff right after they make me tap out.

The correct response is to immediately threaten/challenge/insult him in return, but with a smile on your face so that he knows your comments are made in jest. This is the first step to becoming bros.

exactly, this technique is often referred to as "being a dude." If the guy gets upset and tries to smash you because of it, then he's a d-bag. I always used to think that upperclassmen in school were jerks, until I realized that they were just busting balls and that's actually what you do when you get along. If you'll notice, all old men that are friends do is talk shit to one another. Go watch Grumpy Old Men.

Back