Jeremy Stephens Reveals Vicious Game Plan Against Timid Y. Rodriguez *update: Stephens death threat

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
Its an interesting style match up.

The brute force of stevens vs a more brittle, refined striker in yair.

Its sort of a manlet adesanya vs costa fight.

<DirkMavs>
Adesanya and costa are both much better tho

Yair will probably pick him apart and HL reel finish him. Too much shit talk is putting pressure on himself.

“He’s a kid,” Stephens told MMA Junkie. “He’s a chamaco and I’m a man. I fight like a man. I don’t run. I’m here to whoop his ass. I’m here to embarrass him and outpoint him every single step of the way.

“Yair can’t (expletive) wrestle for (expletive),” Stephens said. “He’s in trouble. I’m going to slam him on his head and cut him open. He thinks Frankie Edgar swole his eye? Wait until I cut him open!

“… What is new generation? What are you going to show me that I haven’t seen or Bruce Lee hasn’t shown on a movie? What the (expletive) are you going to show me that’s new?! I just fought a guy who’s just like you that’s better than you that you were afraid to fight!”

. . .

“It took Yair a week and a half to even sign the contract,” Stephens explained. “You know him about them contracts. Boy, he’s always ducked, dodged, dipped, and dipping and dodging again. They told him and I immediately accepted. I wanted to be in the altitude. I wanted to come down here. I know the type of fans and everything they bring.

“It’s a new journey and experience and I embrace it. I’m enjoying every minute. I’m relaxed . . . and I can’t wait to put his brains into the canvas Saturday night!”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/jeremy-stephens-ready-to-embarrass-yair-rodriguez-at-ufc-mexico-city/

This what I like to see, real fuckin malice

Stephens' game plan: "I'm going to punch him in the face."

It'll be the same old mid-tier Stephens, Jermey The Gate Keeper Stephens, he will get picked off from range

Guerra Estephens!!!

May Jeremias find his inner aztec warrior and shut the haters.
It takes more than a wall to stop Jeremias Estabans

giphy.gif

Stephens better follow through so he won’t get the BJ penn treatment. You have to pressure Yair and make him think about wrestling. He’s prone to gassing with all the spinning techniques so Stephens should look for the KO late.

Not sure if that is the best gameplan... Zombie was looking for the KO late.. and he got it

The narrative:

“He’s a kid,” Stephens told MMA Junkie. “He’s a chamaco and I’m a man. I fight like a man. I don’t run. I’m here to whoop his ass. I’m here to embarrass him and outpoint him every single step of the way.

“Yair can’t (expletive) wrestle for (expletive),” Stephens said. “He’s in trouble. I’m going to slam him on his head and cut him open. He thinks Frankie Edgar swole his eye? Wait until I cut him open!

The reality:

usa_today_13395852.jpg

{<jordan}

"Big Banger in Boston"

Stephens Plans on Throwing Bombs from the Opening Bell

“[The rematch] brings a whole different fight,” Stephens said in an interview with Karyn Bryant. “(The first fight) was a five-rounder, and going into that fight, the mentality was a little bit different. But then coming straight here to a three-round fight, it’s going to be a little more vicious. It’s a different type of fight now, so it’s going to be everything swinging – everything’s going to be swinging to put the lights out!”

“It doesn’t bother me,” Stephens said. “It’s just going to make it that much sweeter when I put his lights out. It’s a different fight. This is three rounds. I already have the cardio to go five. Now I get to go three. Everything I throw is going to be bad intentions on this kid, so I’m really looking to put him in his place – and all eyes are on me to do it. So like I said, big banger in Boston. We’re going to bring it.”

“I think my mindset going into the last one [was]: I was really kind of wanting to whoop his (expletive) for 25 minutes and kind of put him at that make-him-want-to quit stage,” Stephens said. “This time, three rounds to do so, guys are always squeaking by, outpointing me with these decisions, these rounds, and I’m chasing them. But I think everything that I’m going to throw is going to be bad intentions in order to put his lights out.

“I’m bringing in the closer – like, you’re bringing in the right hander. Everything is going to be a bad intent. It’s going to be vicious, and I’ve got the cardio to back it up.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...s-yair-rodriguez-ufc-on-espn-6-boston-rematch

"Big Banger in Boston"

Stephens Plans on Throwing Bombs from the Opening Bell

“[The rematch] brings a whole different fight,” Stephens said in an interview with Karyn Bryant. “(The first fight) was a five-rounder, and going into that fight, the mentality was a little bit different. But then coming straight here to a three-round fight, it’s going to be a little more vicious. It’s a different type of fight now, so it’s going to be everything swinging – everything’s going to be swinging to put the lights out!”

“It doesn’t bother me,” Stephens said. “It’s just going to make it that much sweeter when I put his lights out. It’s a different fight. This is three rounds. I already have the cardio to go five. Now I get to go three. Everything I throw is going to be bad intentions on this kid, so I’m really looking to put him in his place – and all eyes are on me to do it. So like I said, big banger in Boston. We’re going to bring it.”

“I think my mindset going into the last one [was]: I was really kind of wanting to whoop his (expletive) for 25 minutes and kind of put him at that make-him-want-to quit stage,” Stephens said. “This time, three rounds to do so, guys are always squeaking by, outpointing me with these decisions, these rounds, and I’m chasing them. But I think everything that I’m going to throw is going to be bad intentions in order to put his lights out.

“I’m bringing in the closer – like, you’re bringing in the right hander. Everything is going to be a bad intent. It’s going to be vicious, and I’ve got the cardio to back it up.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...s-yair-rodriguez-ufc-on-espn-6-boston-rematch

<YeahOKJen><{Heymansnicker}>{<jordan}

Surprised to see so many who want to see Yair win. He ain't no mexican fighter. I have a feeling Yair would eyepoke him again if Stephens gets going and builds momentum, it won't be a good fight but hopefully a good result

Back