Jeremy Stephens Reveals Vicious Game Plan Against Timid Y. Rodriguez *update: Stephens death threat

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
Probably Jeremy gets jabbed up again to lose a UD. I'm rooting for Yair btw

Why do people root for Stephens? Just because he bangs? Dude is a dickhead, shitty personality. I def want Yair to smoke this clown

I'd rather see Yair win to give him a more higher ranked fun matchups and even a title shot eventually maybe.....

But yee-hawing Jeremy Stephens could also give him the people's elbow and still make my night

Why do people root for Stephens? Just because he bangs? Dude is a dickhead, shitty personality. I def want Yair to smoke this clown
Me too. I've long thought him one of the least likable personalities in the UFC. A lot of fans like him because he goes forward and throws haymakers though.

“He’s a kid,” Stephens told MMA Junkie. “He’s a chamaco and I’m a man. I fight like a man. I don’t run. I’m here to whoop his ass. I’m here to embarrass him and outpoint him every single step of the way.

“Yair can’t (expletive) wrestle for (expletive),” Stephens said. “He’s in trouble. I’m going to slam him on his head and cut him open. He thinks Frankie Edgar swole his eye? Wait until I cut him open!

“… What is new generation? What are you going to show me that I haven’t seen or Bruce Lee hasn’t shown on a movie? What the (expletive) are you going to show me that’s new?! I just fought a guy who’s just like you that’s better than you that you were afraid to fight!”

. . .

“It took Yair a week and a half to even sign the contract,” Stephens explained. “You know him about them contracts. Boy, he’s always ducked, dodged, dipped, and dipping and dodging again. They told him and I immediately accepted. I wanted to be in the altitude. I wanted to come down here. I know the type of fans and everything they bring.

“It’s a new journey and experience and I embrace it. I’m enjoying every minute. I’m relaxed . . . and I can’t wait to put his brains into the canvas Saturday night!”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/jeremy-stephens-ready-to-embarrass-yair-rodriguez-at-ufc-mexico-city/
now i'm really hoping Yair fucks up Jeremy Stephens.

This is one of those fights where I'm indifferent about both guys so I'll just enjoy the fight and be happy regardless of who wins.

“He’s a kid,” Stephens told MMA Junkie. “He’s a chamaco and I’m a man. I fight like a man. I don’t run. I’m here to whoop his ass. I’m here to embarrass him and outpoint him every single step of the way.

“Yair can’t (expletive) wrestle for (expletive),” Stephens said. “He’s in trouble. I’m going to slam him on his head and cut him open. He thinks Frankie Edgar swole his eye? Wait until I cut him open!

“… What is new generation? What are you going to show me that I haven’t seen or Bruce Lee hasn’t shown on a movie? What the (expletive) are you going to show me that’s new?! I just fought a guy who’s just like you that’s better than you that you were afraid to fight!”

. . .

“It took Yair a week and a half to even sign the contract,” Stephens explained. “You know him about them contracts. Boy, he’s always ducked, dodged, dipped, and dipping and dodging again. They told him and I immediately accepted. I wanted to be in the altitude. I wanted to come down here. I know the type of fans and everything they bring.

“It’s a new journey and experience and I embrace it. I’m enjoying every minute. I’m relaxed . . . and I can’t wait to put his brains into the canvas Saturday night!”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/jeremy-stephens-ready-to-embarrass-yair-rodriguez-at-ufc-mexico-city/
Great video. Check out when he whiffs on his first attempt to connect with some Spanish [out of nowhere, he says “perro” (ie dog) when he means “pero,” — then freezes up, changes his mind, and continues in English]

Now, we are lulled into false confidence, thinking that his Spanish game has nothing for us and our Whodafuc guard... When all of a sudden, he lands a perfect “chamaco” right on our ear.

All in all, a solidly slightly-above-UFC-average trash talk performance from Señor Jeremías.

Stephens better follow through so he won’t get the BJ penn treatment. You have to pressure Yair and make him think about wrestling. He’s prone to gassing with all the spinning techniques so Stephens should look for the KO late.

Good one Sicario!

Yair gets the W. This is gonna be a Mexican war tho....

I can't stand that duck Yair, I really hope Stephens knocks his overhyped ass

you were very confident in Poirier... whos your pick for this one buddeh?!?

what are you smelling this time?

Confident? He was a 4:1 underdog against an undefeated fighter. I was going out on a limb, you misread that brodie.

Anyways, I think Yair is faster than Jeremy and has picked up some fundamental skills I haven’t seen from him before that I saw against Zombie.

He should be able to hit and move to a decision @ elevation.

. . .

Yeah Jeremy has been exposed as vulnerable brawl and sprawler. Didn’t evolve or change his game up...and now his watch has begun, forever guarding the gate Until he retires. But has a lot to be proud of for a guy under 5’9.

Confident? He was a 4:1 underdog against an undefeated fighter. I was going out on a limb, you misread that brodie.

Anyways, I think Yair is faster than Jeremy and has picked up some fundamental skills I haven’t seen from him before that I saw against Zombie.

He should be able to hit and move to a decision @ elevation.
3.25/1 but just giving u shit haha.. I bet a good amount on Poirier myself. Also going with Yair in this one.

War Stephens!

At least somebody's talking like a fucking fighter over here.

Back