News Jeremy Stephens moves back to lightweight, fights Drakkar Klose at UFC event on April 17

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last edited:
If he can get to the size he was when he was LW before I think he do aight

Broseph had one of them thick Iowa necks when he got signed and I met him in.........Iowa....

I like Stephens and really hoping that a move to LW helps him. At the same time though his been getting finished and that body been looking like glass.

I don't think the weight cut was the issue with his recent losses. He's a veteran who's been fighting in UFC since like 2008 or so, probably at least 20 times (not looking it up, just going from memory), and age/injuries/high-level fights catch up to everyone.

He made a nice resurgence a few years back, and rounded out his powerful striking with some grappling and patience, but it wasn't enough to propel him to contender status, or keep him competitive with the Top 5-10 guys for very long.

I don't think the weight cut was the issue with his recent losses. He's a veteran who's been fighting in UFC since like 2008 or so, probably at least 20 times (not looking it up, just going from memory), and age/injuries/high-level fights catch up to everyone.

He made a nice resurgence a few years back, and rounded out his powerful striking with some grappling and patience, but it wasn't enough to propel him to contender status, or keep him competitive with the Top 5-10 guys for very long.
Longer than that, I believe. He has to have the most losses in UFC history but he’s also racked up quite a highlight reel and his power is a problem for absolutely anybody.

Hes one of those guys that should go to bellator. Get paid better for what he delivers. Jermias Esteban and his mexican style of fighting wont win him a title, but hes never in a boring match.

People soooo pissed with Lewis landing those two legal follow up shots to an unconscious Blaydes....

Well...it's the return of the Stephens, that does that every time he gets a KO.

I expect the same outrage everyone gave to Lewis, this time to Stephens when or if he does the exact same thing Lewis did again.

Lewis has taken a ton of shit on here for no reason.

BiodegradablePastHarlequinbug-max-1mb.gif

ESP51KP.gif

tumblr_p4orssEEvP1rofocqo4_500.gif

Stephens is always in good fights but I like seeing him lose for some reason, just seems like a douchebag.
It's because he goes for unnecessary punches every time he gets a KO. He's intentionally racing the referee to get to the unconscious fighter. Like he genuinely enjoys hurting people, and he's trying to make the most out of every legal opportunity he has.

Interesting. I wonder who they'll match up with KZ now that Stephens returned to LW. They're supposed to be the remaining match up that would make sense at FW.

Back