Jeremy Stephens criticised by members of the underground forum for follow up strikes.....

Actually, no, that's not how it invariably works in MMA. In MMA, as in any other profession, you have jerks and then you have respectful people. Machida, Mark Hunt, Brian Stann, and a lot of other fighters -- past and present -- don't have to be pulled off their opponent to know not to continue beating on a lifeless body. They have to the ability and the maturity to stop when the referees fails to act.

It is objectively not the fighters responsibility to figure this out, and where is the gifs that the referee has ever failed to do what he is supposed to do in a Jeremy Stephens fight?

There are some very intelligent 'cage fighters', clown. Having a degree and working in an office does not make you smarter or put you on a higher rung of society.

Some of them are smart and some of them are stupid. That's what I'm not surprised about.

It would be glorious if a keyboard warrior took up on his offer and embarassed him in the middle of his own gym. Wishful thinking I guess :(.

You are comparing this to a bunch of criticisms over guys fighting styles. This has to do with fighting style. Jeremy is doing exactly what he is told to do by the refs which is to fight until the ref stops him. Getting criticized for that literally no sense at all. It isn't remotely fair criticism, it's idiots bitching over nothing.

That is 100% not legitimate

He's getting criticised for punching a KO'd fighter. It's exactly the same as Rampage or Hendo getting criticised for punching a KO'd fighter. Neither of them needed to prove how badass they were by challenging fans to fights.

Getting criticised for punching until the ref tells you to stop, is no different from being criticised for kicking someones knee.

Yeah, actually it is. The fighters are told to go until the ref stops the fight.

Actually, it's not. As I just demonstrated, there are multiple fighters who do the exact opposite. Contrary to what you might think, not all of the fighters act like unthinking animals.

It would be glorious if a keyboard warrior took up on his offer and embarassed him in the middle of his own gym. Wishful thinking I guess :(.

Mark Hunt has gone a bit keyboard warrior lately. Jeremy Stephens also think's he's a pussy, so would have no problem taking that challenge.

Actually, it's not. As I just demonstrated, there are multiple fighters who do the exact opposite. Contrary to what you might think, not all of the fighters act like unthinking animals.

That's their choice. Doesn't matter. The rules are the rules - only the ref can stop the fight. That's not up for debate, I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm just stating the rules.

This was a lesson we learned in UFC 1 with the Shamrock/Gracie tap debacle.

Everyone loves the walk off KO, but all you need is one time where Hunt drops a guy, walks away, the ref doesn't stop it, and the guy recovers and comes back to win the fight. Then it'll be "oh Hunt was an idiot for not following up."

The only real crime is guys continuing to attack after the ref jumps in (KId Yamamoto/Katsuta, or Palhares holding a submission).

I think it's possible Cruz, Stephens and Pearson - all from Team Alliance - may have had a sit down and done some brain storming on how to make themselves more heard or Stephens and Pearson are doing similar to Cruz. Or that could be all complete bollocks. But it is noticeable that they're a bit more outspoken.

I think it's Stephens just trying to make headlines on a few websites. I wouldn't be surprised if some lunatic turns up at his gym, but like when Koscheck did the same thing and a fan turned up to AKA, he'll do some pitter patter 'sparring' with the person on video and who'll say in an interview afterwards 'he has a new found respect for fighters' or something along those lines.

That's their choice. Doesn't matter. The rules are the rules - only the ref can stop the fight. That's not up for debate, I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm just stating the rules.

This was a lesson we learned in UFC 1 with the Shamrock/Gracie tap debacle.

Everyone loves the walk off KO, but all you need is one time where Hunt drops a guy, walks away, the ref doesn't stop it, and the guy recovers and comes back to win the fight. Then it'll be "oh Hunt was an idiot for not following up."

That's not part of the discussion. We're talking about fighters who stop fighting on their own accord, which is something we see often. You have even have fighters that will actually physically and verbally alert the referee to the fact that his/her opponent has had enough. There are many things that are within the rules that are still unsportsmanlike, and continuing to beat on someone you can clearly see is out cold is one of those things.

Getting criticised for punching until the ref tells you to stop,

This is literally how MMA works and what they tell you to do. Jeremy is 100% right by telling idiots who are mad at him for doing what he is supposed to be doing to stop watching MMA since they apparently can't handle it. Go check out golf.

is no different from being criticised for kicking someones knee.

Criticizing a fighting style is obviously not the same thing. Jeremy isn't fighting dirty in any way shape or form. He is doing exactly what the ref instructs him to do before the fight starts.

That's not part of the discussion. We're talking about fighters who stop fighting on their own accord, which is something we see often. You have even have fighters that will actually physically and verbally alert the referee to the fact that his/her opponent has had enough. There are many things that are within the rules that are still unsportsmanlike, and continuing to beat on someone you can clearly see is out cold is one of those things.

When did the referee not doing his job right come into play in this thread? This is about Jeremy legally using follow up strikes until the ref stops him, and when I say stops him I mean stops him as fast as a referee should be doing in the first place.

Professional prizefighter fighter challenges critics of his sporting conduct to a fight? So sad. Pathetic, actually.

Reminds me of when Vitor tried to incite Brazillians to assault John Morgan for asking him about TRT. Yawn.

Yes, moron. We know you can beat us up. If you couldn't, I would be worried, what with you being a prizefighter and all.

This is literally how MMA works and what they tell you to do. Jeremy is 100% right by telling idiots who are mad at him for doing what he is supposed to be doing to stop watching MMA since they apparently can't handle it. Go check out golf.

Criticizing a fighting style is obviously not the same thing. Jeremy isn't fighting dirty in any way shape or form. He is doing exactly what the ref instructs him to do before the fight starts.

Neither is Jones, kicking a knee is a legitimate, legal technique. Neither is GSP, holding a fighter on the ground and doing enough to prevent a stand up is a legitimate, legal technique. Idiots that get mad at them for doing what they are supposed to be doing should stop watching MMA since they apparently can't handle it. Go check out golf.

Anyone who says cricket's for pansies hasn't had a fast bowler bounce cricket balls at their head or fielded at silly point.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/2...llenges-keyboard-warriors-online-trolls-fight

So why is Jeremy being criticized for follow up strikes after a knock down? Is this at all legitimate? I can't go back and look myself but I don't see how he can be criticized for this. All MMA fans know that you don't stop fighting until the ref steps in to stop the fight. If you have the mind set of looking to the ref after a big punch then that could cost you the fight. So how can people criticize him for this? Is he just being successfully trolled?

Here is what Jeremy had to say,

"I can't help but laugh when the sensitive dudes that complain that I fight until the ref steps in. Incase it wasn't obvious enough, I'm a head hunting true fighter that reacts on killer instinct, not the pussy martial artist begging refs to stop the fight. I'm going hard with the will to win, no matter if I'm winning or losing, and the only thing stopping me is the sound of the bell or the ref pulling me off.....
If you are one of those sensitive dudes that can't handle a savage fight.... Don't watch and stick to cricket, golf or video games. It's as simple as that,"

And here is his challenge to the trolls,

"If there is anyone wanting to promote some fights (street or gym, I can't do sanctioned) and pay trolls / keyboard warriors to fight me.... YES!! I'm in."
I bet the guy he almost beat to death on the street wished a ref would have stepped in.

I'm not really moved one way or the other by this kind of thing but he could've left it at "I like to make sure I finish fights," instead of turning out all that machismo crap.

IMG_0701.jpg

Fuck it this is fighting, they aren't playing around with this. As he says if u can't handle that shit then go watch cricket or golf lol. Don't get it twisted this is a fist fight, with clear rules. Keep fighting til the ref intervenes. These guys and girls know what they signed up for and it's just part of the game

Back