Jeremy Stephens calling out Frankie Edgar

Stephens is one of the more underrated fighters in the division for sure.

Stephens is ducking Aldo by doing this....
Not sure if serious, but it looked like Stephens wanted that fight but Aldo demanded a title implication to guarantee he gets the next shot and Stephens wasn't high enough in the rankings to put him in as interim champ. I don't think Stephens is ducking anyone.

I'm curious how easy Frankie can make 135. If it's not too much of a strain on him I'd like to see him try that weight class.

Not sure if serious, but it looked like Stephens wanted that fight but Aldo demanded a title implication to guarantee he gets the next shot and Stephens wasn't high enough in the rankings to put him in as interim champ. I don't think Stephens is ducking anyone.
Yeah it's a joke...

As a Frankie fan, I don't like it. I do think he'd win, but I want to preserve his chin for as long as possible lol. I'd rather him go fight a contender at 135lbs.
Exactly, his future in the featherweight isn´t very promising right now, he´s not getting anywhere near Aldo as long as Aldo stays champ. He needs to drop to 135 get a good win against a top contender and challenge Dominick. I don´t think the featherweight is over for him, but he will only be able to fight for the title if Conor comes back and beats Aldo, then he can go back to featherweight.

Stephens vs Choi needs to be next.
Yeah, Stephens vs. Choi needs to happen asap. Frankie now has 2 loses to Aldo, it's going to take awhile for him to get another shot, I could see them giving him someone like Darren Elkins to start working his way back but I'd like to see him fight Bermudez if he beats Rony Jason or Ricardo Lamas.

Yeah, Stephens vs. Choi needs to happen asap. Frankie now has 2 loses to Aldo, it's going to take awhile for him to get another shot, I could see them giving him someone like Darren Elkins to start working his way back but I'd like to see him fight Bermudez if he beats Rony Jason or Ricardo Lamas.
I doubt they ever give Frankie another shot. I think they make him the 145 Fitch and match him up with others they don't want near the title like Elkins

that's actually a great fight and it makes a lot of sense
hopefully the goof makes it happen because this match is a no brainer

Could be an opportunity to see a replay of Edgar vs Maynard 2 or 3

I like both of these guys, this would be a great fight. Stephens seems to be at the top of his game while Frankie might be on the other side of his. I got Stephens by KO.

What? Frankie has destroyed 145 division with the exception of Aldo. He would have his way with anyone in that division IMO. Stephens does have ridiculous power though and could land clean and get a stoppage, but I'd still pick Frankie any day of the week.

What? Frankie has destroyed 145 division with the exception of Aldo. He would have his way with anyone in that division IMO. Stephens does have ridiculous power though and could land clean and get a stoppage, but I'd still pick Frankie any day of the week.
Frankie would probably be 35 on fight night which is old for a FW, speed is the first thing to go. He got hit an awful lot vs Aldo. I'm not saying he couldn't win but I would bet on Stephens considering there would be good odds.

Back