Jeremy Stephans Drops To FeatherWeight

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jeremy Stephens, who is coming off the first knockout loss of his career, will begin the process of competing at featherweight. Stephens has spent his entire seven-year MMA career at lightweight.

My manager wants me to start 2013 as a featherweight (145) and working with @ufc to make it happen. Sounds interesting!

Stephens (20-9) has lost three straight, dropping decisions to Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis prior to the knockout loss to Yves Edwards.

Stephens is also still battling legal issues steaming from an assault back in 2011 in his native state of Iowa.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/jeremy-stephens-moving-featherweight

i'll keep my comments to myself since i don't want dubs but i will say i'm no longer a fan since i heard the details of the incident he's in trouble for.

Last edited:
still a fan of him as a fighter...as far as the legal case goes, hell have his day in court (if it goes that far)

i wonder who theyll match him with

You're not a fan anymore cause of those charges? They could be totally bs. At least wait until he's found guilty.

I agree. Disgusting IMO

Exactly and this moron said it's his mexican temper lol. Diego sanchez doesn't get into bar fights neither has cain, hell the diaz brothers haven't... Nevermind on that last one lol

You're not a fan anymore cause of those charges? They could be totally bs. At least wait until he's found guilty.

They could be, but people don't beat themselves into the icu and a coma for three days

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/jeremy-stephens-moving-featherweight

i'll keep my comments to myself since i don't want dubs but i will say i'm no longer a fan since i heard the details of the incident he's in trouble for.

The whole thing sounds fishy to me. If he really beat the shit out of some random person that badly and had witnesses to back that story up, why did they let him go for a year before arresting him the night of a fight? If it is true, then yeah, fuck Stephens and I hope he does some time for it.

As for him going down to Featherweight, I think he should fight the loser of Guida/Hioki, with the loser of that fight being cut.

bring it on i dont think he carries his power into that division with him and i think his chin will be weaker at that division. basically imo bad move

I anyone else shocked that so many Sherdoggers have a problem with Jeremy (allegedly) beating someone into a coma? I thought you people did that shit every day.

He will be a great non-UFC material fighter at 145 too.

Meh, I guess dropping to 145 might revitalize his career. But it's all the same imo. He'll still be a middle (or slightly below that) of the pack guy.

I don't know Jeremy Stephens personally, but my cousin was his MT/striking coach. I saw him corner Jeremy in one of the UFC shows.

So anybody got the story on Jeremy's bar fight then?

The whole thing sounds fishy to me. If he really beat the shit out of some random person that badly and had witnesses to back that story up, why did they let him go for a year before arresting him the night of a fight?

They didn't "let him go". He fled to San Diego (where he trains). Immediately fled Des Moines to Omaha and then to San Diego before he could even be questioned about it in Iowa when it allegedly happened. Not sure why it took so long to get him into custody (probably distance).

And it wasn't some random person. It was supposedly a friend of his and Stephens made his brother take the fall for him.

LOL. He almost beat Pettis dumbass.

He took Pettis down in R1 and played the 10-9 game. So Pettis had to play too, and won the next 2 rounds.
Stephens did not "almost" beat Pettis.
And please don't use retarded judges as your reference.

All these white knights sticking up for a guy when they have no idea what really happened.

I can't believe we are at the point where winning a fight (which may or may not have even happened in this case) is a crime.

Starting shit has consequences and you never know who you might be fucking with. If he really fought some dude and massively won I don't see the problem.

I'm suprised he's dropping to 145. I think they will match him up with Cody McKenzie or Joey Gambino.

Back