Jeremy corbyn labour calls for Nationalizing of energy sector. For climate change and people

Privatisation fucked the country up. Railways are a fucking joke never mind the robbing energy companies.

Rail, Energy and Water industries were privatised right under our noses in this country and have all been an abysmal failure since, with ever rising prices and ever falling efficiency/service.

Energy companies have been robbing the UK public blind ever since with no government having the balls to curtail their fuckery. Stop the government subsidy for private companies running industries that would be better suited in the hands of the government, with the country seeing the profits generated, rather than private, multinational firms hiding it away in tax havens.

You are not the only one privatizing the rail services in Germany has been a failure as well.
I have no problem with privatizing things. But it obviously only make sense if that is a benefit for the people.
Endlessly subsiding them is no answer whatsoever. Just causes some people to get rich of it.

You are not the only one privatizing the rail services in Germany has been a failure as well.
I have no problem with privatizing things. But it obviously only make sense if that is a benefit for the people.
Endlessly subsiding them is no answer whatsoever. Just causes some people to get rich of it.

The privatisation of the railways in the UK was particularly egregious in my opinion. For example, the British government still majority fund over 70% of the budget for Network Rail, which is a government body that oversees track maintenance and repairs. So basically we sold off the rights to run trains on specific tracks to several different companies (undervalued too) over long periods of time, subsidised them with more taxpayer money, whilst train prices skyrocketed and efficiency halved for the end user/passengers AND we charge them only a pittance (5%) to put towards track maintenance and repairs, meanwhile Network rail put 100% of their budget back into the railways and have no shareholders.

It really makes you think who actually benefited from the mass fire sale of the railway industry? And of course the answer is Shareholders and politicians who lined their pockets to make the privatisation happen.

I don't entirely disagree with Privatisation as a concept if handled correctly, but I think any sort of public utility (energy, water, healthcare, transport etc.,) should be kept as far away from the greedy hands of private companies and their shareholders as possible. We definitely shouldn't be subsidising privatised industries when surely the whole point of privatising them is to take the financial burden off the government/taxpayer?

Back