Jens Pulver on Robbie Lawler vs Jake Ellenberger.

Jens is the shit, miss those left cross counter KOs back then

Whats he say??

can't see at work.

Whats he say??

can't see at work.

He says Robbie does his best work when's he's moving and not standing in front of his opponent pawing his jab like he has done against Hendricks and Ellenberger. Robbie has found his groove at ATT because now he's confident he can get back to his feet and says that a guy like Robbie gets more confident when his opponent shoots on him because that's a sign they don't want to stand with him anymore. They key to beating Lawler is good movement and getting in close, dirty boxing him, and holding him down but that will be difficult to do because of Robbie's new found confidence and skill on the ground.

I probably left out a lot since its a 10 minute video so I suggest you watch it when you can. Pulver knows what he's talking about and can say it better than I can and its cool to see him talk about an old friend(or little brother as he says in the vid)

He says Robbie does his best work when's he's moving and not standing in front of his opponent pawing his jab like he has done against Hendricks and Ellenberger. Robbie has found his groove at ATT because now he's confident he can get back to his feet and says that a guy like Robbie gets more confident when his opponent shoots on him because that's a sign they don't want to stand with him anymore. They key to beating Lawler is good movement and getting in close, dirty boxing him, and holding him down but that will be difficult to do because of Robbie's new found confidence and skill on the ground.

I probably left out a lot since its a 10 minute video so I suggest you watch it when you can. Pulver knows what he's talking about and can say it better than I can and its cool to see him talk about an old friend(or little brother as he says in the vid)

I actually had a few beers with Pulver a week or two ago, damn cool guy.

Will certainly watch it, just wanted some spoilers.

I actually had a few beers with Pulver a week or two ago, damn cool guy.

Will certainly watch it, just wanted some spoilers.

Well consider me jealous. I really don't drink but I don't think I could say no to a few beers with a guy like Pulver.

The key to beating lawler is training at cesar gracie ji jitsu. Ko and subbed him with no problem at all.

Back