Jens Pulver Appreciation Thread

not to be a downer,but i was dissapointed in that fight. He was so happy to be in that fight he forgot to try and win it.

Yeah, I wanted Pulver to pull a career comeback that night. Faber soundly outboxed him.

Jens is the man. I wanted to find the trailer for the fight against Faber but it doesn't seem to be online anymore.

Oh wait, here we go...

One of my all time favorite promos.

Lol used to watch this all the time.

One thing that stands out for me, personally, is Jens' childhood.

I remember when his book first came out. It struck a chord with me, as I went through pretty much the same thing growing up, with my father. I was in my mid 20's when his book came out, but it gave me a sense of reassurance that somebody I admired went through hell, yet all that pressure just made the diamond shine that much brighter.

Jens is the man. He was a huge part of Team Miletich, and if you look closely at that team's fights, you'll usually catch Jens in the background, assisting with coaching, training, and cornering. Dynamite in his left hand.

Read his book "little evil'
Jens pulver should definitely be in the pioneers wing ufc world hall of fame.

his fight with Gomi was pretty good,but it wasnt smart to stand and bang with mailbox head like he was doing. Gomi hit harder and can take punches better.
I started watching MMA again, and was thinking Pulvers was going to destroy Gomi in a standup game. Boy was I wrong, and became a big fan of Gomi. Sad that Gomi was moving so good back then, and now looks so bad.

An often overlooked gem was him vs Kenji Arai at Bushido 10. The finish is absolutely savage. To be honest though, Pulver was never the same after Bang put him out. He was still capable of making it entertaining against good fighters, but he was never really able to beat them after that. It really is remarkable to see how much smaller he was than guys like Bang and Gomi in retrospect.

He was awesome on TUF. Cool guy and funny, good fighter/coach too.

He's what got me into mma. He's the man.

I was a big fan of his stand up back the day - still try to emulate some of his stuff nowadays.

That documentary Driven is really heard to watch at times.

I also think those Wednesday night sparring sessions at the Old Miletich gym did not help his longevity in this sport.

We gotta reflect on the Jens Pulver/Cub Swanson situation:

And at the end of this, the fight.

So many awesome wars. It sucks that 135/145 weren't around when he was in his prime but the guy has guts to spare, went toe to toe with guys larger than him and was always competitive.

Pioneer, badass, class act. Hespect.
he allso had fights at 170 and 125.

Only Pulver fights I have seen was when he fought Lauzon and Penn the second time.

He is my favorite coach on my favorite season of TUF.

Yea, I agree.
Best TUF season ever. It helped that they were actually creating a division, but still, the talent level!
Nate Diaz, Manny Gamburyan, Joe Lauzon, Gray Maynard, Matt Wiman, Cole Miller, Rob Emerson, Corey Hill, and Gabe Ruediger. Was a pleasure to watch most of them become big stars.

Back