Jennifer Maia could possibly be Shevchenko's touggest fight at Flyweight

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not saying shes going to win. Been on the shevchenko train since her days at 135, thought she beat Nunes the second time around as well. Having said that, the competition at flyweight has been mediocre at best compared to the champ.

I think its worth noting Jennifer Maia as a real challenger. Just look at her last 4 fights... 4 fights ago she beat Alexis Davis, who was actually the first person to beat Nunes back in the day. Next fight she beat Roxanne Modafferi, who obviously needs no intro on this forum, she was on a tear of her own.

She lost a decision to Chookagian but it was a close fight that could've gone either way, Chookagian used her size but still think Maia would beat her second time around. Next fight she fights Jojo calderwood, who was already the #1 contender for the belt and she dominates her like its an easy fight.

Shes went through the supposed toughest of the division with ease and had one hiccup against Chookagian only. The only time I'm genuinely interested in womens flyweight is when Nunes and Shevchenko fight and for once, Shevchenko is actually fighting a tough opponent at flyweight, should be fun to watch. Btw thats not a knock on the flyweight division entirely, Shevchenko is just that good!

Last edited:
Against Shev, Maia has a decent overhand - half as good as Nunes'.

And Shev is too smart to let Maia work at a sub.

But it's fun to look for +900 underdog ways to win.

I don't see any.

Her toughest opponent will be the next 3 soccer mom she faces, one tougher than the next

She'll do better than jessica eye and chookagan did, but that's not saying much

Yea idk about that shev is so well rounded she makes her opponents look like amateurs.

What's the criteria? I mean, if she puts Shevchenko in danger at any point of the fight I guess that would count. I don't expect that to happen though, Shevchenko is just too good.

Has Shevchenko had any even mildly competitive fights at 125?

the bar for her toughest fight at FW is pretty low.

This fight will stink up the joint like most of Chef Shenko's boring ass fights.

<DisgustingHHH>

I can see Bullet winning by ground and pound TKO, to prove a point that her ground game is just as lethal as her striking regardless of her oppositions credentials

shevchenko is just doing the same shit mighty mouse did. can crushing and racking up title defenses

a few wins against big name/tough opponents means much more than a handful of title defenses against soccer moms

Back