Jeff Horn vs Terence Crawford

I think he will be among the best, Id favor him over most of the division right now.

But, in no way shape or form am I ready to write him in as a lock to walk through the likes of Porter, Swift, Thurman, and sure as hell not Spence. Those first 3 listed are among the scrappiest dudes in the game right now, and well Spence is terrifying. The division is a shark tank.

Great showing and all, but Horn isnt shit. That farce of a win over this version of Pac for Horn wasnt shit. Theres a reason Crawford was a wide favorite over this “champ”.

the welterweights have always been my favorite division for years, always rife with talent

I think he will be among the best, Id favor him over most of the division right now.

But, in no way shape or form am I ready to write him in as a lock to walk through the likes of Porter, Swift, Thurman, and sure as hell not Spence. Those first 3 listed are among the scrappiest dudes in the game right now, and well Spence is terrifying. The division is a shark tank.

Great showing and all, but Horn isnt shit. That farce of a win over this version of Pac for Horn wasnt shit. Theres a reason Crawford was a wide favorite over this “champ”.

I agree about Horn. Thanks for the reply. Was curious. Pretty much echos my sentiment.

Lol, I read this as "Horn isn't shit" but I think you meant it in the context of "he ain't shit". Anyway he was ranked at #8 P4P I believe by Ring before this fight, sure it's obvious he's not in Crawford's class but I don't think you're showing him due respect.

Lol, I read this as "Horn isn't shit" but I think you meant it in the context of "he ain't shit". Anyway he was ranked at #8 P4P I believe by Ring before this fight, sure it's obvious he's not in Crawford's class but I don't think you're showing him due respect.

Uh, Horn was not rated #8 p4p before Crawford bludgeoned him.

Due respect for what? For a terrible showing and decision against a washed up Pac?

Horn had zero business on any p4p list imo.

Uh, Horn was not rated #8 p4p before Crawford bludgeoned him.
I think he's thinking of boxrec, and we all know how consistent and straightforward their rankings are...

Due respect for what? For a terrible showing and decision against a washed up Pac?

Horn was never on The Ring's P4P list. BoxRec's is a joke which is why most don't use it. Horn is clearly nowhere near a P4P level fighter.

Don't forget to cancel your free ESPN+ trials.

I think he's thinking of boxrec, and we all know how consistent and straightforward their rankings are...

Yeah it was boxrec, thought it was Ring but I was wrong. Either way they seemed to rate him real high, how do they come up with those rankings anyway?

Yeah you’re right, fuck em man, he’s a can who wouldn’t beat Spider Rico.

Yeah it was boxrec, thought it was Ring but I was wrong. Either way they seemed to rate him real high, how do they come up with those rankings anyway?

It's based on an algorithm, so when he edged Pacquiao he got a massive amount of credit due to Pacquiao's worth being extremely high due to algorithm (the algorithm, of course, is ignorant to the fact that he's mostly shot and was woefully prepared for the fight). Horn isn't absolutely awful, but he's not a top WW and he's miles away from being a p4p talent.

It's based on an algorithm, so when he edged Pacquiao he got a massive amount of credit due to Pacquiao's worth being extremely high due to algorithm (the algorithm, of course, is ignorant to the fact that he's mostly shot and was woefully prepared for the fight). Horn isn't absolutely awful, but he's not a top WW and he's miles away from being a p4p talent.

In all honesty I was surprised he was ranked P4P by them but I figured they knew more about boxing than me. That’s interesting though, these lists are so subjective a vote is really the only way to do it I reckon.

So I guess by default he was ranked #1 ww then by being the highest ranked ww on the P4P list.

In all honesty I was surprised he was ranked P4P by them but I figured they knew more about boxing than me. That’s interesting though, these lists are so subjective a vote is really the only way to do it I reckon.

So I guess by default he was ranked #1 ww then by being the highest ranked ww on the P4P list.

I'm not positive, but probably, as Crawford is far and away the top ranked WW in the world right now according to their algorithm (which is also ridiculous), and Pacquiao is still somehow #3.

People had Horn ranked P4P ? Like besides Australians?

I'd love to see Bud take on Swift next.

Back