Jeff Gordon MMA?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by ninjaunicorn, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ninjaunicorn

ninjaunicorn Green Belt

It's about the only boxing gym near my house outside of a few LA Boxings
    Anybody have any experience with this gym, and especially their boxing instructor, Robert Crawford?

2. BizarroPutin

BizarroPutin Blue Belt

I've gone there a few times for Prof. Sauer's BJJ seminars, which were excellent (featuring Vitor "Shaolin Ribeiro, Eduardo Telles, Luis "Limao" Heredia, etc.). never trained anything non-grappling there so I can't comment on Crawford or any of the striking coaches... but I can say that I think its a very nice school overall. excellent facility/equipment. world class grappling instructors (Pedro Sauer, Maurice Allen). the main MMA coach is UFC veteran Aaron Riley.

it's definitely an MMA/self defense minded gym, so if you're looking for a pure boxing gym you may be disappointed, but maybe not! given the quality of the other instructors, the boxing coach may be excellent as well. based on my experiences training BJJ there I would say its at least worth a try.

3. Win

Win White Belt

My MMA trainer talks down about Jeff Gordon's quite a lot. I haven't actually taken a class there so take my input with a grain of salt.

4. GriffinQ

GriffinQ Orange Belt

I'm interested in this as well....if any of you guys have trained there/know anyone that trains there, please give some input

5. ArchAngelos

ArchAngelos Blue Belt

I've been there for seminars and extra sessions a few times. Great place and Jeff Gordon only wants quality there.

Jeff is a business man but he also loves martial arts. Basically, he has found the best way possible to merge his passions with his need to make money. He is a good guy despite what other local instructors might say about him. Probably just jealous because his gym is doing better than theirs.

Go. It's the only way to find out for yourself.

6. LODD2

LODD2 Yellow Belt

I train nearby, but I did take a look on Jeff Gordon's MMA site. The people seem really highly qualified, especially the BJJ instructor Pedro Sauer and the 8th degree judo coach.