Jeff Chan from One and youtube

rellikoge

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What is going on with Jeff Chan? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeff-Chan-102591

I see he is signed to One and had a fight with them and he has a ton of Youtube striking instructional content. In his videos he is always sparing. Why is he sparring so often without a fight lined up? In some of the spars they are going hard too. Doesn't make sense to me unless he is making a good living creating youtube content. I do like his content and am hoping to see him applying his skills in real fights.

Last edited:
What is going on with Jeff Chan? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeff-Chan-102591

I see he is signed to One and had a fight with them and he has a ton of striking instructional content on youtube. In his videos he is always sparing. Why is he sparring so often without a fight lined up? In some of the spars they are going hard too. Doesn't make sense to me unless he is making a good living creating youtube content. I do like his content and is hoping to see him applying his skills in real fights.
If we go by the logic that the Von Flue choke is actually the OSP becuase of how much he uses it, Jeff Chan is a YouTuber who likes to post hard sparring sessions and instructionals. His credentials include fighting in One Championship and few other places.

If we go by the logic that the Von Flue choke is actually the OSP becuase of how much he uses it, Jeff Chan is a YouTuber who likes to post hard sparring sessions and instructionals. His credentials include fighting in One Championship and few other places.
What?

I see he is signed to One and had a fight with them and he has a ton of Youtube striking instructional content. In his videos he is always sparing. Why is he sparring so often without a fight lined up? In some of the spars they are going hard too. Doesn't make sense to me unless he is making a good living creating youtube content. I do like his content and am hoping to see him applying his skills in real fights.

You already said it. He makes money doing YouTube.

Fighting doesn't pay a lot of money and you can lose.

I’m saying he’s a YouTuber who occasionally fights, not a fighter who posts on YouTube. If he stops posting videos that would be out of character. He’s only fought 5 times in almost 11 years, with the last time being almost 3 years ago. I wouldn’t expect him to fight again anytime soon. His content is cool, though.

One just gave him some scrub for his YT channel. They're trying to get Shane Fazen a fight ffs

He probably makes more from his YT channel tbh.

He is making a TON of money from YouTube and his courses...One signed him because of his online presence

His sparring is soft. They don't hit each other hard, they just throw fast.

He's a content creator. Fighting probably just to have credibility for his content. He's not a fighter.

Chan is the prototypical guy you avoid sparring with in the gym as you'll usually end up getting hurt.
Also in the few fights he has had in mma. He has never fought a guy with a winning record.
The whole sparring thing he does is kinda weird. Once u start filming a spar and putting it in front of millions on you tube. It changes the whole dynamic. Then he often blames the other guy for going too hard. Even though u can tell he doesn't like to do badly in spars and often raises the intensity when he is doing badly. Its this weird competing but not competing thing.
If u want to truly compete then have fights with decent opponents.
If u want to practise and learn then spar.

His sparring is soft. They don't hit each other hard, they just throw fast.

He's a content creator. Fighting probably just to have credibility for his content. He's not a fighter.
Some of the throw/trips he has done look pretty damn hard and unnecessary (unless they're staged).

Some of the throw/trips he has done look pretty damn hard and unnecessary (unless they're staged).

He's doing good work but it's mostly camera stuff like his high kicks which visibly "touch" the sparring partner but in a fight you have to conect full force and it wouldn't present itself like compared to when you record for social media. He's a content creator but by all means also pro fighter, well dabled into pro fighting, a few fights. So he got credibility. He got a big audience and at least teaches real MMA that he also showcased in pro fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back