Jeff Bezo's Net Worth Grew By 24 Billion In 3 Months How's Your Paycheck Holding Up?

Sorry it's not fair for one man to have $200B in wealth while he pays his workers less than $15/hr.
Those two things are not correlated.

The pay needs to be legal and competitive but not have any correlation to how much his equity stake in the company is worth.

Workers need to demand their share. If they won't unionize themselves the Federal government must advocate for them. The disparity in wealth is out of control.
The best way workers can demand their share is by going to work some where more fair. That will FORCE Amazon to raise wages until a point they are competitive and fair or they will have no labour.

Inserting gov't and Unions into it only ensures a future collapse similar to the US automakers who were thought so Big and so wealthy that they could withstand uncompetitive cost structures simply because they had big profits. Over time, if you are forced to pay non competitive compensation you will lose out to the competitors who are payinc competitive compensation.

So a guy makes his money entering into voluntary transactions with people for their mutual benefit and now you want to tell him what to do with his money. Sounds like you hate freedom.

What people choose to do pit of sloth or other wrong reasons can ruin the system you, and I, like. It's always more complicated than your quarter inch deep in the ocean ideology.

This is just...

1. What was the world like before Amazon? People made the items other people sold, you have to go back to before the industrial revolution 100s of years ago to be in a time when YOU, made the product YOU sold...and you did not sell many of them because YOU could not make ANYTHING in mass and YOU were POOR because of it.

2. Communist have been using the "Money is going to go to a few people" fear tactic since its invention by Marx over 150 years ago. It isnt happening nor will it because THEY need CONSUMERS to make money which means they NEED MONEY TO BE AVAILABLE to othres.

3. Amazon was a genius invention...just look at how many others have gone out of business because he had come up with an idea that served the needs of MORE people. Amazon almost single-handedly created a new type of business and forced everyone to CHANGE and EVOLVE.

It's more money out of the American middle class, more to china, and too much to Amazon.

I know, but on the other hand "white genocide" so keep voting for the party of the rich or the white race will disappear.

Left is party of rich now as well. TRUMP says we should make more in America. That's a good idea.

Go educate yourself on the advancements in tangential technologies that came from NASA and other such big new technology pushes and then go back to the OP and my reply to it that such giant technology pushes almost always create tangential technology spinout into other realms such as medical, etc.

That is common knowledge you would hear form Neil De Derp Tyson in the first 5 minutes of one of his children's books. I know. It is a cliche. Every 14 year old knows that response to people hating on space travel. It is a cliche you parroted/vomited on reflex. NASA and space spinoffs. I am well aware and have heard that argument ad nauseam.

Let us just put all people involved in Space to to some degree in the "good person " category. File them under that.

What should we think of Von Braun and Von Neuman?

Amazon treats its employees like shit

I do use it though :oops:
Not me. Amazon recently joined Walmart as a no go zone.

tenor.gif

That is common knowledge you would hear form Neil De Derp Tyson in the first 5 minutes of one of his children's books. I know. It is a cliche. Every 14 year old knows that response to people hating on space travel. It is a cliche you parroted/vomited on reflex. NASA and space spinoffs. I am well aware and have heard that argument ad nauseam.

Let us just put all people involved in Space to to some degree in the "good person " category. File them under that.

What should we think of Von Braun and Von Neuman?
Did that actually make sense in your head before you wrote it?

Did that actually make sense in your head before you wrote it?

You know what else spins off from NASA and such science projects? Weaponization.

Yes, it was a trite comment I have probably heard a billion times in arguments about space travel. The spin offs. It is like fuckin Steve Ballmer with developers. Developers Developers Developers. Spin offs Spin offs Spin offs. I know. The drum beat is old. I am not impressed.

The pay needs to be legal and competitive but not have any correlation to how much his equity stake in the company is worth.

The best way workers can demand their share is by going to work some where more fair. That will FORCE Amazon to raise wages until a point they are competitive and fair or they will have no labour.

Inserting gov't and Unions into it only ensures a future collapse similar to the US automakers who were thought so Big and so wealthy that they could withstand uncompetitive cost structures simply because they had big profits. Over time, if you are forced to pay non competitive compensation you will lose out to the competitors who are payinc competitive compensation.

What Jeff Bezos and Amazon makes is not at all related to what their workers are paid? It isn't correlated? lol. Labor costs don't exist I guess.

You are the guy who bent over to take Netflix in the ass. So offended when I criticized them. What a corporate hack.

Left is party of rich now as well. TRUMP says we should make more in America. That's a good idea.

Making more in America doesnt means less income inequality when he is also busting unions.

Making more in America doesnt means less income inequality when he is also busting unions.
Unions started to flee the dems, and the dems made ZERO effort to retain them. They don't want the American blue-collar worker anymore.. You're behind.

Some unions need to be Phoenix'd. Teamsters have basically become a big business unto themselves.

My fucking union rep literally went to school then became a union rep never working my job or a real job in their life. Their fucking tie is some Italian silk bullshit that probably costs more than my entire suit I wear on a daily basis.

You know what else spins off from NASA and such science projects? Weaponization.

Yes, it was a trite comment I have probably heard a billion times in arguments about space travel. The spin offs. It is like fuckin Steve Ballmer with developers. Developers Developers Developers. Spin offs Spin offs Spin offs. I know. The drum beat is old. I am not impressed.
More gibberish.

Unions started to flee the dems, and the dems made ZERO effort to retain them. They don't want the American blue-collar worker anymore.. You're behind.

Indeed, but at least they arent openly hostile to them either.

Bil Gates was just as ruthless when running Microsoft and he only got involved in charitable work after he stepped down (he wasn't running Microsoft and helping sick kids in Africa at the same time).

More tribalism at work, meh.

Bezos owns WaPo so folks on the right see him as a greedy asshole. These are very likely many of the same folks who'll defend bankers, hedge fund managers and the countless other greedy assholes because you know, makers vs takers blah blah.

What Jeff Bezos and Amazon makes is not at all related to what their workers are paid? It isn't correlated? lol. Labor costs don't exist I guess.

You are the guy who bent over to take Netflix in the ass. So offended when I criticized them. What a corporate hack.
It's not that you criticize that is the problem, it is that you do so without any knowledge of the topics at hand.

No, Jeff's wealth as an equity holder in the company and how much that equity is worth should not dictate worker pay.

Again if you try and set employee wages by that metric then all you will do is make the most successful companies have to pay more than the less successful ones for the exact same work. That will make them uncompetitive and to ultimately fall in the future.

What if Jeff only had 1/20th the equity he does and yet Amazon was still just as successful a company? Would we say the wages are fine because he is only worth going on $10B?

No wages do not correlate to the equity holdings of an owner.

This worth of the Bez, is it in his stocks of amazon, or the Stocks/bonds/currency/futures he owns personally, or the value of the RE amazon owns (warehouses, etc), or the total value of the goods that are stored in the warehouses? Or is it the cash in his bank accounts? Or the value of all the trucks?

I like to see a breakdown of each of the assets actually. If financial instruments, you dont have to buy it. Anyone with the cash to combine together and pay Bezo, can just start their own online retailer and compete.

Sorry it's not fair for one man to have $200B in wealth while he pays his workers less than $15/hr.

Workers need to demand their share. If they won't unionize themselves the Federal government must advocate for them. The disparity in wealth is out of control.

Nothing to be sorry about as none of your complaints contradict anything I have said. My preferred solutions will just be more universal and wealth creating (with more wealth to redistribute).

Again, why should we be play employment lottery, a worker who makes shit for his labor is in the same spot wether he works for bezos, Walmart, or some local restaurant. They are all equally badly off and consumers / investors are all benefiting in some way.

A rich lawyer making 500k a year is benefiting from this system as much as a owner who had 10 min wage employees, who also makes the same 500k. Similarly, I made a pretty good salary as a professional CPA, am I know supposed to have a lower salary now because I work for a company with general labor employees?

At the end of the day unions and minimum wages can have adverse effects, encourage automation, outsourcing, and other fixes to eliminate jobs. That’s why things like. NSWF, UBI, make more sense to me rather than these case specific solutions. I don’t deny that unions and min wages have had positive effects, they are just not the optimal way to achieve the desired end.

Last edited:

The problem is much more convoluted than that. It's really just a sorry ass excuse for employers to pay low wages.

Workers on the lower end don't necessarily have a choice where they work. They take what they can get to make ends meet. Why is this so difficult to understand? And if understood, why isn't there support for government intervention in a market that clearly dominates its workers?

Back