Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiweicz (JJ vs KK)

They're both Muay Thai strikers so it should be a good fight.

But yeah they both also have unreadable names.

KK via knees to the face
tumblr_oatle7pkx71v10t8lo1_500.gif

Claudia would've beaten the Rose and KK that showed up last night. JJ vs KK is a squash match - but promotion ally they have no options at straw weight right now so it's going to happen.

It's not like there's an alternative. Unless you wanna see Carla rematch.

how much is a vowel in poland? people can't seem to buy em that much

Honestly, I would guess we have just as many vowels in words as the American language.
It's just the clusters like "rz" "cz" etc. that you are not familiar with that makes you think it's a lot.

"Kowalkiewicz" < seems like all vowels right? kOwAlkIEwIcz. 5 vowels in 12 letters.

Matthew McConaughey is an example of a US name that for Polish people is like Jedrzejczyk for you. MC, TH, GH, these are clusters that don't exist in Polish.

Matthew McConaughey - 2vowels + 5 vowels
Karolina Kowalkiewicz - 4vowels + 5 vowels

I would think that the US names need to borrow just as many vowels as Polish names ;)

Dana wants it in Poland but both girls want it at MSG.

man you guys are overrating jj's striking she had a tough fight with valerie and got dropped by claudia kk is the only good striker she will have ever faced in mma and kk looked amazing last night especially in the clinch
KK already has a loss to to JJ. By rear naked choke go figure.

I'm torn. Why can't both of them win? I say give JJ the Invicta champion Angela Hill. This will resemble Liddell/White. Hahahaha

And imagine Goldie mispronouncing both fighters' names constantly throughout the entire fight.

Fixed.

If this fight happens, someone in the UFC needs to learn how to pronounce their fucking names so they can teach everyone how to actually say it. Between Goldie, Rogan, Buffer, Anik, Florian, Stann, Hardy, Gooden and various narrators, I've heard Jedrzejczyk be pronounced about a million different ways.

It physically pains me when she's shown on camera, or worse, has a fight coming up, as I know I'm about to have to endure audible torture.

Hell, if they just started using first names, at least that's a start, but no. Commentators seem to be really proud of themselves that they (think) they know how to pronounce them.

So instead of "Joanna", we hear "yun-jay-check", ye-on-jay-check", "yown-jay-trick", etc.

Over. And over. And over.

Someone save us...

Just no.

KK > JJ in looks and everything physical, but she doesn't have 1/10th the skills JJ has.

KK barely survived Rose.

Fixed.

If this fight happens, someone in the UFC needs to learn how to pronounce their fucking names so they can teach everyone how to actually say it. Between Goldie, Rogan, Buffer, Anik, Florian, Stann, Hardy, Gooden and various narrators, I've heard Jedrzejczyk be pronounced about a million different ways.

It physically pains me when she's shown on camera, or worse, has a fight coming up, as I know I'm about to have to endure audible torture.

Hell, if they just started using first names, at least that's a start, but no. Commentators seem to be really proud of themselves that they (think) they know how to pronounce them.

So instead of "Joanna", we hear "yun-jay-check", ye-on-jay-check", "yown-jay-trick", etc.

Over. And over. And over.

Someone save us...
And most of them pronounce it differently each time they say it.

Honestly, I would guess we have just as many vowels in words as the American language.
It's just the clusters like "rz" "cz" etc. that you are not familiar with that makes you think it's a lot.

"Kowalkiewicz" < seems like all vowels right? kOwAlkIEwIcz. 5 vowels in 12 letters.

Matthew McConaughey is an example of a US name that for Polish people is like Jedrzejczyk for you. MC, TH, GH, these are clusters that don't exist in Polish.

Matthew McConaughey - 2vowels + 5 vowels
Karolina Kowalkiewicz - 4vowels + 5 vowels

I would think that the US names need to borrow just as many vowels as Polish names ;)

Interesting! I never thought of it that way before

Just no.

KK > JJ in looks and everything physical, but she doesn't have 1/10th the skills JJ has.

KK barely survived Rose.
giphy.gif

barely survived what lol the fight i saw was kk giving a dominating performance stuffing every takedown,eating her body up with knees to the ribs and constantly throwing clinch elbows,controlling her on the ground she outclassed rose in every area

but yeah barely survived lets go with that
seh6p.gif

fight should be held in Cwmystwyth, Wales

Cwmystwyth.jpg

Someone should come up with a poster for the fight

Jedrzejczyk vs Kowalkiweicz - Live in Cwmystwyth - only on PPV

Last edited:
JJ is much faster with much more power, but I think KK might be stronger. And if she can control her in the clinch and get those knees going, it could get interesting.

Back