Jean Jacques Machado vs Draculino

At last. Another Machado fan here.

You guys should watch Machado <strike>vs Caol Uno </strike>in 'Brazilian Brawl' to see how dynamic JJ was in his heyday.

JJM.

and fixed. :)

I don't really want to touch this question with a 10-foot pole..lol

But I will say, the winner would be the fans if a super matchup of legends like this ever does happen.

I would love to see one last Legends Tournament,Gordo, Royler, Rickson, Draculino, Roleta, Soca, JJM and on and on...

It would be amazing!

It will never happen in a thousand years, but it would be amazing. :)

But I will say, the winner would be the fans if a super matchup of legends like this ever does happen.

I would love to see one last Legends Tournament,Gordo, Royler, Rickson, Draculino, Roleta, Soca, JJM and on and on...

It would be amazing!

Oh hell yes. Somebody PLEEEZE make this happen

It would be amazing!

How's you know what I was going to post? :eek:

Draculino got tapped out by Johnny Ramirez who weighs 135 lbs so it's safe to day that JJM would beat him.

Draculino got tapped out by Johnny Ramirez who weighs 135 lbs so it's safe to day that JJM would beat him.

Yeah, Johnny did good that match, he caught drac in a triangle on a guard pass. But saying that proves JJM would beat him is a little ridiculous. (Not saying who would win because I don't know just saying that the match you speak of doesn't PROVE anything based on the match alone) Anyone can be caught, look at the legend himself, Royler, fighting a certain brown belt and got caught in a triangle while he was winning on points. :) Drac was was winning on points as well, almost past his guard, an then they got reset, after the reset he went for the pass again and didn't clear the leg and Johnny took advantage of the situation and landed a triangle.

This was also Drac's first competition after a long lay off from a major injury while competing in the Adult division, and without major training leading up to the tournament since it was the time our school was opening and he was teaching every day..not training. Also, for what its worth... went on that same day to take gold in the senior or masters division, I forget.

Last edited:
the guy that said JJ smashes is crazy.

I train with JJ. the guy is a master on the ground. He is such a nice guy. He just looks mad in all his pictures and he knows it to, he jokes about it sometimes. if you ever get the honor to roll with JJM i think that you will see how good he is. everything he does is effortless. i dont know DRAC. but he seems like a nice guy to.

i can tell you first hand JJM is the real deal.

the guy that said JJ smashes is crazy.

I train with JJ. the guy is a master on the ground. He is such a nice guy. He just looks mad in all his pictures and he knows it to, he jokes about it sometimes. if you ever get the honor to roll with JJM i think that you will see how good he is. everything he does is effortless. i dont know DRAC. but he seems like a nice guy to.

i can tell you first hand JJM is the real deal.

there's a BJJ place simply called "Machado" in Pasadena.. I take it thats his place and the one you train at?

This is a touchy subject for a lot of BJJ fans and practitioners, however as TalkShowOnMute said, the real winners would in fact be the fans.

How about we start petitioning gatorade or some other big name sponsors to have a legends type tournament?

This will answer all our questions like will rickson really dominate the tournament? JJM vs Drac? Royler vs everyone? Chuck Norris Vs Joe Rogan?

I'm just glad I train with Jean Jacques. Regardless of results, his teachings are detailed, but even more, they are very easy to understand. The man is always there teaching, rarely and i mean RARELY does anybody else teach his classes, even the beginner classes. This man IS Jiu Jitsu.

I have no clue who would win, my opinion would be biased, but c'mon, there is a big weight difference here.

How about we start petitioning gatorade or some other big name sponsors to have a legends type tournament?

This will answer all our questions like will rickson really dominate the tournament? JJM vs Drac? Royler vs everyone? Chuck Norris Vs Joe Rogan?

Actually, it would be more likely to see Royler vs Draculino. They were always fighting for first place and Royler in an interview said Draculino was his toughest competition. The first match royler beat him on points pretty bad..the second time he just barely beat him. The third time no points were scored and no advantages but drac almost took his back, got one hook in and then almost arm barred him once..the ref still gave royler the win. So it was really close, it would be interesting to see another match.

JJM taught Drac and Soca up to Purple Belt. I assume that he taught a lot of the Gracie Barra guys.

Anyway, check out the match he had with Leo Vieira, that is if it's still on Youtube.

Two legends would be amazing to see.

As a member of Will/Machado Australia I would have to go JJM.

But I would train with either in a heartbeat.

JJM taught Drac and Soca up to Purple Belt. I assume that he taught a lot of the Gracie Barra guys.

Anyway, check out the match he had with Leo Vieira, that is if it's still on Youtube.

Yup, and actually...Gordo is down right now at our gym and Soca is on his way :p

Back