Jean-Claude Van Damme Storms Out of Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's generating publicity for his show. Also, I thought he looked good for 55. Looked like he had the face of 55yr old, but the body of an in-shape 40-something.

Chuck Zito knocked him out in a NY bar in the 90s, sent JCVD packing out of the country, talked about it for all the years since then, then JCVD came back, Chuck said he wanted a real mma fight, JCVD said he was open to this, and then nothing else happened lol

Chuck Zito knocked him out in a NY bar in the 90s, sent JCVD packing out of the country, talked about it for all the years since then, then JCVD came back, Chuck said he wanted a real mma fight, JCVD said he was open to this, and then nothing else happened lol

Sounded to me, from witnesses who were there, that Zito sucker punched him.

Sounded to me, from witnesses who were there, that Zito sucker punched him.

I have listened to many accounts from both Zito and Jean, and Zito never seems to deny that really. He just says Jean was talking trash, told Chuck he had no heart and was full of shit, Jean took his glasses off and got in Chuck's face, and Chuck felt that meant Jean wanted to fight. Chuck says he wasn't going to wait for Jean to get up out of his chair and kick, etc.. so he just suddenly punched Jean in the face and kept him down.

I have listened to many accounts from both Zito and Jean, and Zito never seems to deny that really. He just says Jean was talking trash, told Chuck he had no heart and was full of shit, Jean took his glasses off and got in Chuck's face, and Chuck felt that meant Jean wanted to fight. Chuck says he wasn't going to wait for Jean to get up out of his chair and kick, etc.. so he just suddenly punched Jean in the face and kept him down.

Basically the same story I read. Sounded to me like Zito hit him as he took his glasses off. Either way, he didn't get a helicopter kick off.

Basically the same story I read. Sounded to me like Zito hit him as he took his glasses off. Either way, he didn't get a helicopter kick off.
Right, Chuck himself admits that he wanted no part of Jean if he was on his feet kicking, so he felt he had to take his best chance when he had it, and that was a sudden punch before Jean could get set.

Cuck Zito is a pos.

He really is. He's a 5'9" Dan Quinn in a leather jacket.

I actually tried reading his autobiography when I spotted it in a book store and couldn't stomach the self-aggrandizement and always-overcompensating insecurity.

I like Van Damme. I follow him on social media and he seems to be good to fans. That said, its well documented that he's biopolar and that is pretty evident in the 'behind closed doors' reality show he did.

If I'm not mistaken, things with him and the wife have also not been great. She filed for divorce again last year so having the press constantly bring up a past affair when you're trying to reconcile would probably piss one off.

Celebrities are human too. In the grand scheme Van Damme has been pretty chill. Still, most people would kill to live the life these celebs do so they need to keep their shit in check.

Agreed. It's ridiculous when they complain about paparazzi and all the loss of privacy etc.

Bitch, you signed up for this shit.
If you didn't want the trappings of fame you shouldn't have gotten into show biz.

not really seeing a meltdown, per se.
quite the opposite, I think he kept his composure very well.
no doubt being asked the 'same questions' over and over again
would have been accepted and handled perhaps better by a 35 or 40 yr old
action movie ICON but dude is, as he says repeatedly, 55 years old, etc.
whtever, just put out a good movie is all anyone asks.

Get all the Australians in here @Cherdawg, let them do the Australia bashing. Only way for the rest of us to not appear Australia phobic.

van.gif

Im a JCVD fan but he came off as a cranky old man in that interview.

I don't understand why it's called a "meltdown." Brittany Spears shaving her hair off is a meltdown. Van Damme just seemed like he was fed up with bs questions and called the people out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back