JDS's size change

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone finds it strange that he was considered skinny and too small for the likes of Lesnar and Carwin when he debuted at 239. Then we see him getting bigger and bigger, now Rogan hypes him as a "huge, powerful HW" but he's only 3lbs heavier at 242? From the pictures over the 9 fights, it looks at least 10 lbs to me. It's not like he lost fat because he's always been ripped. What's your explanation?

We knew the day would always come he would outgrow the Junior

It's not like he lost fat because he's always been ripped. What's your explanation?
Not that ripped, when he debuted he was well into double digit body fat%. He probably gets a bit heavier between fights too, building up muscle, losing a bit of weight as he gets closer to fight time, mostly being fat, with increased workout intensity. If he didn't get more muscular over time even on a calorie balance he would be seriously messing up his training.

Then there's of course other explanations which can only be speculated upon.

people fill out as they get older.

he also looks like hes dropped considerable bf% since he hit the ufc.

some people put on muscle easier then others, i assume jds i one of those people, training hard , gaining muscle

He actually debuted at 235 and the heaviest he's been was 241 against Roy.

He's not heavy, but he is a big guy. He just happened to debut when Lesnar and Carwin were supposed to be the "new breed". Look at him and crocop.

2rgf8dk.png

Not that ripped, when he debuted he was well into double digit body fat%. He probably gets a bit heavier between fights too, building up muscle, losing a bit of weight as he gets closer to fight time with increased workout intensity.

Then there's of course other explanations which can only be speculated upon.

Yes and I prefer to speculate on those speculations. In fact Jds was quite speculative on other fighters speculations quite recently

UFC 90

junior-dos-santos-at-ufc-90.jpg

UFc 146

02-Junior-dos-Santos-UFC-146-weigh.jpg

he definitely got thicker, but not much of a difference.

He has always been a big guy. Carwin and lesnar are just built like power lifters rather than fighters.

He is basically the same, people just stopped to compare him and Cain to Lesnar.

He looks Natural to me. Props to him and Cain for doing it right.

UFC 90

[MG]http://kneebar.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/junior-dos-santos-at-ufc-90.jpg[/IMG]

UFc 146

[MG]http://admin.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/02-Junior-dos-Santos-UFC-146-weigh.jpg[/IMG]

Until you look at the top of that dome.

UFC 90

junior-dos-santos-at-ufc-90.jpg

UFc 146

02-Junior-dos-Santos-UFC-146-weigh.jpg

Yeah, the only difference i'm seeing is a little more body fat. He's probably eating far more these days to keep weight on, as much as he's boxing and doing BJJ.

There was a video posted here a few days ago with him saying something like 50% of his training is working out.

Back