JDS's mit work

DING DING DING AMBERTCH GETS THE CORRECT ANSWER AND THE PRIZE!!!!!:icon_chee

Eddie Wineland is another mma fighter who has slick boxing skills and He keeps his hands even lower than Dos Santos and it doesnt seem to be hurting him. Granted its a good idea to keep your dukes up high but you'll see boxers who have different personal preferences in exactly how low or high they keep their hands.

Santos has amazing hands and striking skills and you cant say him keeping his hands low is going to affect him. Why hasnt it affected him in hid previous fights. If you Gabriel Gonzanga could not take advantage of his so called hands being low i do not say Roy Nelson doing it either. Ill take Gonzangas striking over Nelsons any day. You cant judge mitt work its all about hand speed and reaction time and not defensive posture unless its freestyle mitt work where the mitt holders hit back

You guys know that not every boxer keeps their hands up glued to their jaw ala clay guida style right?

The way they keep their hands varies just like their stances do and as long as the hands arent absurdly low dos santos will be fine.

:eek: ........WOW the first post from you that wasnt complete drivel and was actually bang on the money !

Low hands are leet as fuck, Anderson Silva rolls like that. It baits people into head hunting, when you control where they're aiming you can (if you're good) better predict and time your counter and knock someone on their ass. Love JDS and I can't wait to see him against carwin, cain and brock whenever those fights go down

Looks pretty damn impressive for an mma fighter and a brown belt in BJJ. I think his coach is the Brazilian National boxing coach though, so he's probably in pretty good hands.

Great video, his hands are fast. I remember two years ago before the Werdum fight no one including me really knew who Junior was. I thought Werdum easy sub win. Dana was doing those live videos before UFC's and they showed Junior hitting the pads, and I was very surprised. RIgh then and there I knew this guy will show us something.

Santos has amazing hands and striking skills and you cant say him keeping his hands low is going to affect him. Why hasnt it affected him in hid previous fights. If you Gabriel Gonzanga could not take advantage of his so called hands being low i do not say Roy Nelson doing it either. Ill take Gonzangas striking over Nelsons any day. You cant judge mitt work its all about hand speed and reaction time and not defensive posture unless its freestyle mitt work where the mitt holders hit back

Nevermind Gonzo. Cro Cop and Yvel, two great strikers couldnt do any damage vs Junior. Nelson wont hit him, Juniors movement is too good.

Thanks for the info human bass, much appreciated.
And keeping the lead hand low when you have good
movement and fast hands is not uncommon in boxing.

JDS is #1 striker IMO at heavyweight ( based on effectiveness )
Hes very quick and accurate when he works pads.

I remember watching on the video blog ages back when JDS made his debut they showed him cracking the pads and he was a beast, then the blog the day after dana was saying the odds in vegas evened out after that footage aired.

Low hands are leet as fuck, Anderson Silva rolls like that. It baits people into head hunting, when you control where they're aiming you can (if you're good) better predict and time your counter and knock someone on their ass. Love JDS and I can't wait to see him against carwin, cain and brock whenever those fights go down

This is what will happen to Silva and his low guard when he meets a l33t striker.

Back