JDS's boxing coach Luiz Dorea: "The heavyweight title will return to Brazil."

Yeah, Brazilians are extremely xenophobic and delusional.

Admits it was the big punch in the first that did JDS in. They seem to believe that they had a bad game plan and will be better prepared. I'm in for a third fight.

link - JDS's boxing coach Luiz Dorea: "The heavyweight title will return to Brazil."

I agree with this.

not saying it will be easy, but the perspective from Dorea (and Junior) are correct.

Junior entered this match too casual, trusting he would be able to nullify Cain's game by defending takedowns and impose his will, but was surprised by Cain's punches.

Junior has to be way more efficient than he was. but now (hopefully) he lit a fire under his ass and will be better for next time, with a more complete game.

... but I truly hope he will get some good wrestlers to improve in that area also.

I agree with this.

not saying it will be easy, but the perspective from Dorea (and Junior) are correct.

Junior entered this match too casual, trusting he would be able to nullify Cain's game by defending takedowns and impose his will, but was surprised by Cain's punches.

Junior has to be way more efficient than he was. but now (hopefully) he lit a fire under his ass and will be better for next time, with a more complete game.

... but I truly hope he will get some good wrestlers to improve in that area also.

I think JDS just needs to work on his footwork, and be more aggressive in the third fight.

We already know he can get back up if Cain takes him down, so why not let his hands go wild?

Yeah, Brazilians are extremely xenophobic and delusional.

What the fuck are you saying? first of all you are generalizing a whole population how smart you pretend to look like doing this? Second brazilian people are worldwide known as receptive and welcoming foreigh people and for last, you got the perspective of a fighters coach and translated to again an entire nation... shame on you....

What the fuck are you saying? first of all you are generalizing a whole population how smart you pretend to look like doing this? Second brazilian people are worldwide known as receptive and welcoming foreigh people and for last, you got the perspective of a fighters coach and translated to again an entire nation... shame on you....

no they're not

I agree with this.

Get good wrestler to improve? Improve what, he had great take down defense. The problem is he got hit in the face with a bomb. The only thing he needs to do to win is not get out struck. Cain proved the first fight was more so a fluke than anything.

Translation the HW title will return to Brazil if HW learn how to wrestle and box. :icon_lol: Imagine massive guys like JDS doing subs all day. :icon_arro Come on this is gladiator not tag.

If JDS win a third encounter i think we will have some amusement and a Jds vs Cain IV what i would like to watch

Get good wrestler to improve? Improve what, he had great take down defense. The problem is he got hit in the face with a bomb. The only thing he needs to do to win is not get out struck. Cain proved the first fight was more so a fluke than anything.

A) first fight was not fluke. Junior KO people. Deal with it. (or prepare yorself to tell me how he was lucky through most of his career, since...this is what he did to most people).

B) Wrestlers have invariably great pace. This is what overwhelmed Junior. Yes he can stand up... but he goes down and he needs to be able to withstand and counter Cain, not defend only.

JDS's coach thinks JDS can beat Cain? Stop the motherfucking presses.

JDS seemed too confident in his standup & TDD, didn't show enough respec for Cain's boxing.

It's plausible, possible ... But not likely.

Why do people act like getting hit really good in the first round will affect the rest of your performance? Frankie Edgar got dropped BAD multiple times in the first rounds of both the second and third fight with Maynard and he still came back after and scored a draw and a tko.

It's not his takedown defense or outstriking Cain that he needs to improve, it's his cardio. He was not able to fight at the same pace as Cain because he got tired quickly and that is why his TDD went to shit after the first round. He gassed and was not able to defend well anymore. Also leaving your hands down because you're worried about the takedown wasn't helping either. Seriously, I don't think anyone at HW (except for maybe Cormier) can keep up with Cain's pace regardless of how much they train, so JDS needs to just hope he can get the knockout quick in their 3rd outing or he will lose again.

I think JDS just needs to work on his footwork, and be more aggressive in the third fight.

We already know he can get back up if Cain takes him down, so why not let his hands go wild?

we do? Looked like cain was all over him. Held him down a few times and when JDS got up Cain would stay right on him. There wasn't much space for JDS to work with.

It was a really poor gameplan from a boxing perspective even. JDS had no answer to Cain's counters and he didn't use lateral movement and distance which has proven to be the go to defense for strikers against wrestlers. If he can change it up a bit and not be so predictable with the striking as well as showing the uppercut and add proper evasive and counter lateral movement and distance with side steps and cross steps then we'll have a completely different fight on our hands as Cain would have to run through punches to close distance.

Just a small adjustment like foot position could make a world of difference. If he stays on the outside of Cain's left foot and works the jab he's only exposing his lead leg and only really has to worry about the jab and left hook in return. If Cain goes for his leg he is only a quarter turn away from squaring him up with the right cross.

It's far from impossible but it requires way more respect than they showed in the last fight. He was basically a electrician who showed up at work with a hammer.

I agree with this.

might be the first time I've really said this (you won't see it in the lighter classes where people aren't 100% sure to gas....and that's not a slight on JDS/most HWs, it's just a reality), but usually you think of a finisher (ie. a silva as the best example) as the one who "you have to finish" in order to win, but in this case it goes both ways: if jds doesn't finish in the first 2 I think he loses. He looked good for about 3 minutes, but I just don't think he could ever hold that pace of TDD for more than 2 rounds.

Back