JDS vs. Overeem Agree To Fight: Card/Venue TBD

Finally after 3 years we're getting this legendary heavyweight fight.

LOL, and I wouldn't be surprised if Herb Dean draws that fight, and waves it off after one blow and of of them slightly bending the knees.

jds would totally absolutely murder overeem, this aint gonna end up good for overeems brain

Can't wait. JDS will be the rightful favorite but man Overeem is dangerous. In the past five years he has wins over Brett Rogers, Todd Duffee, Fabricio Werdum, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Stefan Struve, and Roy Nelson. He has KO losses mixed in but he's a lot more dangerous then I think people are giving him credit for. That's the current champ, 2 former champs, and various other dangerous yet flawed HW fighters.

What would you say that would sound cooler?

No, I mean just the overall calling fighters out over Twitter. Just seems ridiculous when the "baddest" men on the planet are hash-tag shit talking each other. I realize it's the world we live in and social media is common place but still ...

Yes, I did just age myself ...

Can't wait. JDS will be the rightful favorite but man Overeem is dangerous. In the past five years he has wins over Brett Rogers, Todd Duffee, Fabricio Werdum, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Stefan Struve, and Roy Nelson. He has KO losses mixed in but he's a lot more dangerous then I think people are giving him credit for. That's the current champ, 2 former champs, and various other dangerous yet flawed HW fighters.

I don't see this being a cake walk for either man. still as interested in this fight as I was when the idea came up years ago...

The fact that they've "agreed" to fight on twitter messages does not mean that they will fight. Joe Silva still has to make the fight, or given the weird HW matchmaking, Reem will get Oliynyk and JDS will get a Cyborg Ruan Potts.

unfortunately, Potts is no longer in UFC. He actually had a fight 2 months ago and he quit on the stool.

I still cant get over the fact we wont see him in the cage anymore :mad:

These Twitter call outs and responses make me cringe. #NoMoreTalking? Jesus Christ ...

No, I mean just the overall calling fighters out over Twitter. Just seems ridiculous when the "baddest" men on the planet are hash-tag shit talking each other. I realize it's the world we live in and social media is common place but still ...

Yes, I did just age myself ...

I kinda agree on that.

So there is no news really regarding this potential fight?:)

unfortunately, Potts is no longer in UFC. He actually had a fight 2 months ago and he quit on the stool.

I still cant get over the fact we wont see him in the cage anymore :mad:

I know, that's why I was saying he would be a Cyborg. You know, rebuilt with mechanical parts, like the six million dollar man?

Hasn't this been the case for months and maybe years now?

HURRY UP and FIGHT!

If JDS has lost a step then Reem has a better than 50% chance to win in the first. If it goes long, I think the punishment JDS can dish out will just wear down the Reem and lead to a spectacular KO.

I'm pumped.

Overeem would get KO`d back when he was roiding like there was no tomorrow and he still gets KO`d these days.

Don't care about this until they're standing across from each other in the cage.

Back