JDS vs Miocic next please

I prefer to see Jds vs Barnett and Stipe vs Reem.

Me too. Jds demolishing Stipe would send the hw div down the gutter.

Who wants to see JDS tooled by Cain again already? At least if Reem beats Miocic you can sell him as a contender.

I would rather see Stipe vs Overeem. Winner fights Nelson/Hunt winner for a shot after Werdum.

Barnett vs Bigfoot (Bigfoot wanted that fight, makes sense ranking wise)
JDS vs Browne (nice match between two strikers. If JDS wins he doesn't derail a contender and if Browne wins he's right back up in contention.)
If Mir and Nog want to keep fighting, one of them could fight Gonzaga.
Palelei/Rosholt winner could fight the Schaub/Arlovski winner.

All those make sense ranking wise and would be entertaining fights.

How is the guy who knocked him out cold not more of a proven threat than an up and coming HW?

because he no longer poses a threat with that weapon. cain will not be hit by that punch again and shows what happens if Junior cant land it. Stipe is a different type of striker than Junior. Cain will have a hard time beating him on the feet, and Stipe will wrestle with Cain at least effectively enough to strike back. To be honest, who really knows what happens when they get to the ground? Stipe has never been beaten on the ground in MMA.

I admit, I wouldn't be surprised if Cain got the edge wrestling but Stipe is a legitimate grappler, much moreso than Junior. And I dont care about his Nogueira black belt, show me something in the cage

I'd like to see Miocic fight Reem for a title shot. JDS would crush both of them and he's not getting another title shot for a long time, not while Cain has the belt

I would rather see Stipe vs Overeem. Winner fights Nelson/Hunt winner for a shot after Werdum.

Barnett vs Bigfoot (Bigfoot wanted that fight, makes sense ranking wise)
JDS vs Browne (nice match between two strikers. If JDS wins he doesn't derail a contender and if Browne wins he's right back up in contention.)
If Mir and Nog want to keep fighting, one of them could fight Gonzaga.
Palelei/Rosholt winner could fight the Schaub/Arlovski winner.

All those make sense ranking wise and would be entertaining fights.

I dont see why Overeem or Stipe would have to fight the winner of a much lower ranked pairing for a title shot. You could justify a title shot or at the very least a fight with Junior to the winner of Stipe / Overeem.

I prefer to see Jds vs Barnett and Stipe vs Reem.

This would be good to see JDS against someone who's looking to take him down all the time. Stipe/Reem is also good. Not sure if Miocic can survive the initial onslaught.

I dont see why Overeem or Stipe would have to fight the winner of a much lower ranked pairing for a title shot. You could justify a title shot or at the very least a fight with Junior to the winner of Stipe / Overeem.

Reem is ranked 6, Miocic 7, Hunt 8, Nelson 9.

The winners of those fights would be 1 place apart in the rankings likely. That is not much lower.

Also, I don't see how you could argue a shot for Reem/Miocic winner. Reem just got KTFO, beat a guy who at that time was one a 3 fight losing streak. Not very impressive IMO. Miocic has some decent wins, but Hunt arguably beat Bigfoot and a win over Nelson doesn't place him far below Reem or Miocic.

Reem is ranked 6, Miocic 7, Hunt 8, Nelson 9.

The winners of those fights would be 1 place apart in the rankings likely. That is not much lower.

Also, I don't see how you could argue a shot for Reem/Miocic winner. Reem just got KTFO, beat a guy who at that time was one a 3 fight losing streak. Not very impressive IMO. Miocic has some decent wins, but Hunt arguably beat Bigfoot and a win over Nelson doesn't place him far below Reem or Miocic.

I didnt want to argue a title shot for Reem lol

But I guess we will have to see what happens between Roy and Mark.

He arguably lost to Bigfoot as well and it was probably rightfully ruled a draw, so idk about that. I dont want to use MMAth either but you saw what happened when Bigfoot fought Cain. Mark has been around a long time and has a LOT of losses on his record and Im not sure that he poses a threat to Cain based on his resume whereas Stipe has looked like a real contender lately and a well rounded fighter.

I didnt want to argue a title shot for Reem lol

But I guess we will have to see what happens between Roy and Mark.

He arguably lost to Bigfoot as well and it was probably rightfully ruled a draw, so idk about that. I dont want to use MMAth either but you saw what happened when Bigfoot fought Cain. Mark has been around a long time and has a LOT of losses on his record and Im not sure that he poses a threat to Cain based on his resume whereas Stipe has looked like a real contender lately and a well rounded fighter.

Referring to your sig: How is Stipe Miocic the greatest threat for Cain? The Croatian native is still to prove himself against the division's elite.

There is a problem with the HW division and that problem stems from the fact that JDS is the absolute second best and can and will beat everyone in the current HW Division who isnt named Velasquez. I believe DC could have beaten Cigano as well but he now fights in a different weight class.

The only real big threat to the champ is Werdum. He is not as good as JDS on the feet (not that he isnt technical, he just isnt fast/explosive enough to beat Cigano) BUT he will not be as hesitant as JDS on the feet because he does not mind the TD's and that means he'd be much more willing to trade with Cain without holding back and that should raise his chances of catching the champ on the feet or on the ground.

This would be good to see JDS against someone who's looking to take him down all the time. Stipe/Reem is also good. Not sure if Miocic can survive the initial onslaught.

Really like to see Stipe vs Reem co main the Japan card.

Really like to see Stipe vs Reem co main the Japan card.

I have a feeling they are going to do Overeem vs Barnett on the Japan card, they would be fools not to have two very popular fighters in Japan not on the card.

The fight would fireworks. Fingers crossed we get to see it :icon_chee

The UFC needs a contender for the winner of Cain/Werdrum. As of right now, they dont have one. If Cigano fights either, they will lose.

I have a feeling they are going to do Overeem vs Barnett on the Japan card, they would be fools not to have two very popular fighters in Japan not on the card.

They both have asked to be on this card so it would make sense especially in Japan. Stipe would have to fight BF then. The UFC Shouldn't risk losing a potential contender In both men (Stipe/Reem) Im just happy Hunt vs Nelson is booked.

They both have asked to be on this card so it would make sense especially in Japan. Stipe would have to fight BF then. The UFC Shouldn't risk losing a potential contender In both men (Stipe/Reem) Im just happy Hunt vs Nelson is booked.

Overeem vs Barnett

Stipe vs Bigfoot

Hunt vs Nelson

The Japanese would love those fights.

Stipe seems to be a nice guy, I like his style and demeanor, but JDS needs to win this so he can start his comeback. JDS by unanimous decision.

I'm much more interested in this one after Stipe's last 2 fights.

JDS is aggressive, Stipe's good at catching guys coming in. JDS can't jab him from a distance as easily as he did with Carwin, Stipe's too fast. Junior has that speed & power and his reaction time is really good. Got a chin on him, too. Stipe's got some good takedowns to throw him off. Would be a good fight.

Back