JDS vs Jones would be interesting

Thade2k

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think that's a great fight to be done, JDS has the KO power and he doesn't back off from a brawl, he has a strong chin to counter the elbows. What do you guys think, who would win that fight?

I am sure Greg Jackson has watched Cain JDS 2 and 3

Jones would take him down and maul him. Only fight that makes sense is Cain or Weidman

Jones would take him down and maul him. Only fight that makes sense is Cain or Weidman

I'm skeptical Jones takes JDS down. I'm afraid of the possibility that JDS stupidly absorbs JJ's offense (he's proven to be as tough as it gets) and lands a KO on Jones. It'd be a brawl, JDS is too strong for JJ, but it has to happen.

I think Jones would put pressure on JDS against the fence, hitting him with elbows, turning his face into that patented swollen mess, and slowly breaking him.

Jones 4-1.

Weidman vs Jones is a better fight than JDS vs Jones? How is that lol

Weidman fans not understanding weight-classes.

Remember when people used to talk about AS vs JJ ? Now it's clear it was madness.

JJ is a heavyweight who cuts weight really well.

So lets schedule the Weidman-JDS fight already and see what happens.

There are weight classes for a reason. I'd supersize Aldo and make him fight Cain if I could, but it just doesn't work that way.

Depends. Standing Jds definitely has the edge as he clearly has the superior power and technical boxing skills. Jones does still have reach on him, but he doesn't really take full advantage of it. The ground game is the question mark here since Jones would absolutely mop the floor with jds there but his Tdd is outstanding. Hard to say if it would hold up against Jones though as his takedowns are so weird.

JDS always has that one punch knockout power but I reckon JJ would win a decision after JDS gasses in the championship rounds.

very interesting

jds fan so win via the overhand right of santos

Id love to see it. Maybe JBJ can be the first UFC fighter not named Cain to hand JDS a beating.

It's a 50/50. JDS is a beast.

Weidman vs Jones is a better fight than JDS vs Jones? How is that lol

Because nobody has found a way to beat Weidman yet and he's huge for MW.. And everyone knows how to beat JDS after the Cain and Stipe fights.. I'm not saying it should happen but that's why it's more interesting

Last edited:
JDS has regressed - and a lot. Previously he was a power puncher with great TDD, a questionable gas tank and basically no fear. Now, he's a power puncher with great TDD and a questionable gas tank but now far more hesitant.

Last edited:
JDS vs Jones = JDS KO before the third

JDS vs Coke up Jones = Jones by decision

Back