JDS vs Cain Velasquez Fight Breakdown

I can't just leave it at that. Writing expert here. I have to correct your horrible grammar. Here's a few tips.

Don't make phrases more complicated than they have to be. Say things directly. "hits that come from the fists and legs" = punches and kicks.

Don't be redundant. "Forthwith" and "without hesitation" mean the same thing. You only need to use one of them.

Speaking of forthwith. Use words that are contextually relevant. Forthwith isn't a word that should be used in a fight analysis. No one uses that word in conversation. Its something I would expect to find in a novel about the Middle Ages.

Don't use adjectives when they don't make sense. "Velasquez may very well have the edge summarily." These sentence is awkward as fuck. Change summarily to "in summary" and put it at the beginning of the sentence.

Actually almost every sentence you used was awkward as fuck. You've got a long way to go, but these pointers should make your posts significantly easier to read.

I would hesitate to call you an expert as well, although i think you're being at least somewhat facetious.

Ex. of redundancies: hairy gorilla, daily basis, etc.

Context is relevant as it modifies the definition of a word. For instance, if I say I like apples, I could be talking about the fruit, or picking between two wall-paper samples my psychotic girlfriend is making me choose from. Forthwith is "contextually relevant", just not a word someone writing about fighting should use, considering most of their readers haven't seen that word before.

Summarily is not an adjective, it is an adverb. Adverbs modify verbs or other adverbs; adjectives modify nouns.

What would make OPs posts easier to read would be if he spent a few more years conversing in English, which has to be his second language.

I would hesitate to call you an expert as well, although i think you're being at least somewhat facetious.

Context is relevant as it modifies the definition of a word. For instance, if I say I like apples, I could be talking about the fruit, or picking between two wall-paper samples my psychotic girlfriend is making me choose from. Forthwith is "contextually relevant", just not a word someone writing about fighting should use, considering most of their readers haven't seen that word before.

Summarily is not an adjective, it is an adverb. Adverbs modify verbs or other adverbs; adjectives modify nouns.

What would make OPs posts easier to read would be if he spent a few more years conversing in English, which has to be his second language.
Everything you just said is incorrect.

Actually I'm an English expert. :) Thanks for the corrections, though here's absolutely nothing wrong with the way I used redundant.

OMG I didn't realize TS was troll until a couple of pages in. At first, I felt sorry for the dude....

can opener expert here. JDS KO in the 1st.

Back