JDS vs Cain Velasquez Fight Breakdown

I can't just leave it at that. Writing expert here. I have to correct your horrible grammar. Here's a few tips.

Don't make phrases more complicated than they have to be. Say things directly. "hits that come from the fists and legs" = punches and kicks.

Don't be redundant. "Forthwith" and "without hesitation" mean the same thing. You only need to use one of them.

Speaking of forthwith. Use words that are contextually relevant. Forthwith isn't a word that should be used in a fight analysis. No one uses that word in conversation. Its something I would expect to find in a novel about the Middle Ages.

Don't use adjectives when they don't make sense. "Velasquez may very well have the edge summarily." These sentence is awkward as fuck. Change summarily to "in summary" and put it at the beginning of the sentence.

Actually almost every sentence you used was awkward as fuck. You've got a long way to go, but these pointers should make your posts significantly easier to read.
Okay thanks man I'll definitely work on that. Are there any other mistakes that you noticed?

Striking expert here. I'd like to give a breakdown of the entire fight in all aspects in order to give you guys a better idea of who to bet on.

I'm going to divide this into categories. Punch strike/Kick hitting, Ground Battling, and Mental Spirit.

Punch Strike/Kick Hitting

Arguably the least most important aspect of fighting, the ability to finish the fight while standing with hits that come from the fists and legs will come into play in this contest.

Junior Dos Santos is the obvious ahead here. He already completed the fight with Velasquez via punches to the dome which put him to the ground forthwith and without hesitation. It was a quick and well set up overhead right fist destruction that Velasquez never saw coming. But will lightning strike twice? We shall observe.

Dos Santos utilizes a mix of western boxing and eastern punch fighting techniques which are both powerful and strong. His ability to end the fight at any moment is imminently true. But can he kick and will that come into factor?

Velasquez can kick and punch with awesome vigor as displayed in Bigfoot. He may not be refined to the degree of Dos Santos but at the same time.

Ground Battling

Velasquez may very well have the edge summarily. His techniques in the ground game are coupled by few. His BJJ is notched at the top, his wrestling is effectiveness, and he wins.

Dos Santos has proven to be elusive, avoiding the ground, when necessary. His ability to strike shines in his ability to not be on the ground, when unnecessary. This fist fight will stay standing if Dos Santos dictating or on the ground if Velasquez dictating. The outcome will determine.

Mental Spirit

Ask yourself right now: "Which of these opponents I can see not be intact mentally in the fight considering the hardships that can endure itself?" The answer is obvious.

The ability to take punishment or recover from the damage taken or to prove yourself as one than can have it happen to you even if you lose and later come back to be better can be the biggest aspect of a fight that continues longer than you anticipate given the circumstances you expect to have happen or will happen despite your preparations and readiness for what you expect.

I consider this fight to be closer than many give credit though I think these criteria will help you determine the winner.

TRANSLATION:

Hey folks. I'd like to breakdown the Velasquez vs. JDS fight in hopes of helping you guys figure out who you want to bet on. I'll break the fight down into 3 categories; striking, ground fighting, and mental spirit.

Striking

As Joe Rogan always says, all fights start on the feet, and JDS is an expert at keeping it that way. In JDS vs Cain 1, JDS landed a thunderous punch to the side of Cain's head, promptly ending the fight only moments later due to TKO. But can lightning strike twice? Let's discuss!

JDS is arguably the UFC's most effective striker. His boxing is the best in the heavyweight division. Cain is no slouch, but it would be foolish for him to stand with JDS, and he knows it, which leads us to category 2:

Ground Fighting

Although we've never really seen JDS's BJJ, it's a safe bet to assume Cain has the advantage on the ground, where he uses his D1 wrestling experience in combination with brutal GnP to maul opponents into TKOs.

Mental Spirit

Ask yourself: "Are both JDS and Cain 100% ready for this fight from a mental toughness standpoint?" The answer should be obvious. Cain followed up his first career loss at the hands of JDS by brutalizing Bigfoot Silva, qualming anyone's fears that he lost his edge. On the flip side, JDS has looked unstoppable ever since he uppercutted Werdum in 2008. Both have shown incredible mental toughness over the years, and assuming neither men have any serious injuries or family issues going on, it's hard to argue they're not mentally ready for this fight.

Other than Overeem, these two men are almost unanimously hailed as the top 1 & 2 big men on the planet. Logic tells us that whoever can control where the fight takes place will be the victor. If it stays standing, it'll be JDS's show. If it goes to the ground, we'll probably see a former champion return to glory. And the longer the fight goes, the odds tilt towards Cain, a man with a seemingly endless tank of gas. Who will win? It's impossible to know. This is MMA after all, and the heavyweight division to boot, where lightning can and does strike twice, and where one punch is all a man needs to walk away with the belt. Just ask Cain Velasquez.

- additions inspired by TS

TRANSLATION:

Hey folks. I'd like to breakdown the Velasquez vs. JDS fight in hopes of helping you guys figure out who you want to bet on. I'll break the fight down into 3 categories; striking, ground fighting, and mental spirit.

Striking

As Joe Rogan always says, all fights start on the feet, and JDS is an expert at keeping it that way. In JDS vs Cain 1, JDS landed a thunderous punch to the side of Cain's head, promptly ending the fight only moments later due to TKO. But can lightning strike twice? Let's discuss!

JDS is arguably the UFC's most effective striker. His boxing is the best in the heavyweight division. Cain is no slouch, but it would be foolish for him to stand with JDS, and he knows it, which leads us to category 2:

Ground Fighting

Although we've never really seen JDS's BJJ, it's a safe bet to assume Cain has the advantage on the ground, where he uses his D1 wrestling experience in combination with brutal GnP to maul opponents into TKOs.

Mental Spirit

Ask yourself: "Are both JDS and Cain 100% ready for this fight from a mental toughness standpoint?" The answer should be obvious. Cain followed up his first career loss at the hands of JDS by brutalizing Bigfoot Silva, qualming anyone's fears that he lost his edge. On the flip side, JDS has looked unstoppable ever since he uppercutted Werdum in 2008. Both have shown incredible mental toughness over the years, and assuming neither men have any serious injuries or family issues going on, it's hard to argue they're not mentally ready for this fight.

Other than Overeem, these two men are almost unanimously hailed as the top 1 & 2 big men on the planet. Logic tells us that whoever can control where the fight takes place will be the victor. If it stays standing, it'll be JDS's show. If it goes to the ground, we'll probably see a former champion return to glory. And the longer the fight goes, the odds tilt towards Cain, a man with a seemingly endless tank of gas. Who will win? It's impossible to know. This is MMA after all, and the heavyweight division to boot, where lightning can and does strike twice, and where one punch is all a man needs to walk away with the belt. Just ask Cain Velasquez.

- additions inspired by TS
Good breakdown AngryPorto. Let's see if it can play out that way.

i do agree it is closer than many poeple think but because JDS kept more of his training based for Overeen. if he manage to learn that fast than he will just ko Cain soon or later. the problem is if he try some kick boxing and end up like pezao. i hope that at least he trained BJJ to close his guard fast if he goes to the floor.

Here's my breakdown...
If the fight stays standing, JDS has the advantage.
If it goes to the ground, Cain has the advantage.

Cain wins, that's all I know.
great av!

this is another reason why white belts shouldn't be able to start threads. I have yet to come across a white belt thread that isn't lame.

I can't believe so many people read a post by a white belt that started out with "Striking expert here."

rAKwv.gif

TS is just trolling.I am surprised how many people think he is serious

Just watched JDS ragdoll throw Jailson Silva Santos to the ground and soccer kick him out cold. This dude might be to much for anybody.

I can't just leave it at that. Writing expert here. I have to correct your horrible grammar. Here's a few tips.

Don't make phrases more complicated than they have to be. Say things directly. "hits that come from the fists and legs" = punches and kicks.

Don't be redundant. "Forthwith" and "without hesitation" mean the same thing. You only need to use one of them.

Speaking of forthwith. Use words that are contextually relevant. Forthwith isn't a word that should be used in a fight analysis. No one uses that word in conversation. Its something I would expect to find in a novel about the Middle Ages.

Don't use adjectives when they don't make sense. "Velasquez may very well have the edge summarily." These sentence is awkward as fuck. Change summarily to "in summary" and put it at the beginning of the sentence.

Actually almost every sentence you used was awkward as fuck. You've got a long way to go, but these pointers should make your posts significantly easier to read.

Google Translator

Your grammar is pretty fucking fail for a writing expert; just saying.

Also, this is very obviously a troll thread...

Back