JDS vs Cain question

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by hasar, Dec 31, 2012.

1. hasar

hasar Yellow Card Yellow Card

Great win for Cain. I'm huge JDS fan. But Cain was better fighter last night.

I have two questions for you guys. Was JDS gassed because of overtraining? Or it's just Cain's wrestling and pace gassed him?

2. nbknas

nbknas Purple Belt

its the first punch that knocked it out of him.. and the extra damage didn`t help lol

3. ufcbrass

ufcbrass Orange Belt

nkotb is right. that punch sapped him.

4. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

Having someone constantly putting pressure after you are already rocked does not help. He seemed ok before the punch, though he didn`t seem to have a good gameplan from the start.

5. WINNERBYTWISTER

WINNERBYTWISTER Purple Belt

I would say the second one is more likely. Constantly defending TDs and having to get back up after being taken down can gas you very fast. Especialy when the other guy just keeps coming like Cain did.

6. Podslapper

Podslapper Orange Belt

Defending is a lot more exhausting than attacking. Normally JDS can sit back and wait for his opponents, in complete control of the pace of the fight. This time he was working his ass off just to stay in there, whereas Cain got to work at his own pace.

7. sauser

sauser Blue Belt

Yeah he was definitely hurt badly from that first punch. Tough to come back from that and he was just in survival mode the rest of the fight. His face is jacked up.

8. myhumbleopinion**

myhumbleopinion** Orange Belt

Cain wore him out... the punch sent him to queer street a bit but i think it was the solid wrestling and pressure that sapped the life out of him.. That's as close as you can get in my opinion to breaking without actually giving up

9. JMG1134

JMG1134 Orange Belt

That punch took all he had. Pretty sure he didn't even know where he was again until somewhere in the 3rd round, when he started defending a few takedowns intelligently again. But, by that time, he had used too much energy. Massive heart from the guy to last the rest of the fight after almost getting KTFO, but it was a strong win from Cain.

10. GordaoPreguico

GordaoPreguico Red Belt

Overconfidence.

11. ShOoTfIgHtIn'

ShOoTfIgHtIn' Orange Belt

I was convinced for most of the fight that he had hurt his right hand/arm, as he wasn't using it all. He didn't seem to be able to hold the plum, block or even strike effectively. Looks like it was fine all along, but i'm completely confused at why he couldn't defend any of those shots he was taking.

Cain fought a great fight. I was actually impressed by both fighters, Juniors heart and stamina, and Cain just seemed to do everything perfectly.