JDS vs Cain Gif.

No.

Domination > fluke

122912velasquez3-jpeg_071738.jpg

Cain-JDS.jpg

Yeah it's not like JDS has knocked out anyone before that. :rolleyes:

umm, no it's not. try getting punched square in the fucking temple and expect not to drop to the ground. ANYONE that gets hit there, will drop. Doesn't matter if you are God. It was a lucky punch.

Getting your face punched in and swollen and looking like donald duck for 5 rounds is worse than 1 lucky hit to the temple.

jds.png

Cain took his soul and crushed it.

Punching guys silly is what Junior does. We aren't talking about a grappler who threw a punch with his eyes closed, it's what he does and it worked so it wasn't lucky. To you it would have been more respectable for JDS to just lay there and let Cain finish him in the first since winning a decision is more impressive? That is just retarded. The first round took everything out of JDS but he was tough enough to keep going for 4 more.

cain weighs a ton. heavyweights always do damage. people really need to stop with this crap and understand that there is difference in weight classes.

So GSP at 190 lbs is to small to do damage

Should make for a good 3rd fight.

you're comparing the stopping power of two guys who are 70 lbs apart. cain's power at 170 would be laughable

Cain has two decision wins, and in both, he ravaged his opponent.

OMG JDS didn't finish Carwin... Even Brock finished Carwin.

GSP would be slow at 240

not any slower than the other HWs

but if a 240 version of gsp did the equivalent of what he did to koscheck, his opponent(HW version of koscheck) would probably be permanently blind and would need to retire
josh_koscheck.png

HW equivalents of guys like fitch, thiago alves, or bj penn probably would have been brutally knocked out.(not just tko'd like cain does to most of his opponents) and their faces would be equally, if not worse than jds's face was.

So what the Cain knob slobbers in here are saying is Cain is better because he didn't have the power KO JDS with his first punch, or any punch. Gotcha brainiacs.

Really? I'm a Cain Knob Slobber & I predicted your boy would get his ass handed to him....Cain doesn't have power cause he couldn't Knock your boy out? Is that what U are saying? I don't think he wanted to....He never said he did, he said he wanted to punish your boy.....which he did! If you're boy is such a head banger why couldn't he put fat Roy Nelson out?.....He had five rounds to do it? Hmmmmmm?:rolleyes:

This is so dumb.

Say a baseball player hits a HR in his first at bat but then strikes out the next 25 at bats.

What seems more fluke-like, the HR or the consecutive strike outs?

Finishing an opponent so he is incapable of continuing is better than a decisive decision.
Beating an injured opponent coming off a long layoff is not better than beating a fresh opponent.

Really? I'm a Cain Knob Slobber & I predicted your boy would get his ass handed to him....Cain doesn't have power cause he couldn't Knock your boy out? Is that what U are saying? I don't think he wanted to....He never said he did, he said he wanted to punish your boy.....which he did! If you're boy is such a head banger why couldn't he put fat Roy Nelson out?.....He had five rounds to do it? Hmmmmmm?:rolleyes:

did he?

This is so dumb.

Say a baseball player hits a HR in his first at bat but then strikes out the next 25 at bats.

What seems more fluke-like, the HR or the consecutive strike outs?

if jds couldn't stop cain, but cain never fully recovered and just got beat on the entire first fight. would you still consider it a fluke?

you're comparing the stopping power of two guys who are 70 lbs apart. cain's power at 170 would be laughable

No we aren't.

We are comparing two guys that are both wrestlers and not known for their punching power. Both are take down artists. Both use GnP. Cain and JDS weighed about the same at weigh in which is no different than comparing GSP against his 170 pound competitors. Cain finishes almost every one of his fights while GSP has about a 50% margin.

*Edit - Actually I made an error. Many of Cain's competitors out weigh him which makes it even tougher for him.

Cain definitely crushed JDS in this last bout, but let's be real about heavyweight fights near the top. There's a reason no UFC HW Champion has more than 2 consecutive title defenses. These guys are monsters and are punching each other with kitchen sinks.

Anybody can get dropped with a single shot or hurt so bad they can't recover. This time Cain put on a wrestling clinic and gassed JDS early, but it was the big overhand right that put JDS into zombie mode until the 4th round.

In the first fight it was JDS who stomped Cain out with a big punch and good follow-up.

The big question for the rematch will be whether or not JDS can improve on a couple of key areas to handle Cain.

1- Better cardio
2- Better TDD
3- Punish Cain when he misses the takedown.

It was the missing #3 in this last fight that drove me nuts. Cain flopped on numerous takedown attempts to the point it looked comically bad, but JDS didn't punish him for it. Eventually the pace of the fight sapped JDS and he fatigued to the point his TDD and striking defense evaporated.

We are comparing two guys that are both wrestlers and not known for their punching power. Both are take down artists. Both use GnP. Cain and JDS weighed about the same at weigh in which is no different than comparing GSP against his 170 pound competitors. Cain finishes almost every one of his fights while GSP has about a 50% margin.

so you don't understand that a heavier guy will naturally have more power?

and more power=more likely to cause stoppages?

Back