JDS training with Feitosa

LOL Le Banner vs. Sylvia was the ugliest fight. Just rewatched it. They look like they're in slow motion and gassed after 3 minutes.

Sylvia took down Le Banner at will and the judge kept standing them up. Under UFC rules Sylvia would have pounded him into oblivion on the ground.

You do know that was a pro wrestling match right?

The "Brazilian Kick" in K1 is da sh*t, but in MMA, with wrestlers hungry for a leg to grab, it's a whole different story. But yes, it would be cool if JDS would master this technique.

I can see it surprising a few people if set up properly. It's a pretty deceptive technique.

unfortunately for glaube, his weak points were always dutch k1 fighters, which Alistair Overeem will happily represent against JDS.

Please JDS you need to avoid using kicks, if u use your legs you will do the same mistake that big foot did. You became the champion just using ur hands, so keep using them and everything will be fine.

haha that was more obviously staged than fedor vs aoki

My first impression was it was some sort of mixed rules bout or something. Didn't know it happened before now. Le Banner wasn't really holding back too much on those strikes haha.

If JDS really could execute that Brazilian Kick from Feitosa, just as half as good as Feitosa did, and do it in a effective and smart way, well, that would definatly add to his arsenal.

Little known fact that Feitosa holds a win over Overeem in k1, granted he wasn't Ubereem yet, but it was a pretty cool KO. He was also Shogun's top training partner for the Machida fights.

An old favourite. The Musashi-KO is brutal. Also one of a few who has highkicked Schilt in the head...but Semmy could take it anyway. I always liked all of the Schilt-Feitosa fights. The final of 2005 GP, and the following fight after defeating Musashi, ends with almost as a brutal high knee KO, but this time of Feitosa.

JDS needs to spend already a lot of time sharpening up his boxing, wrestling and BJJ.

It is very unlikely that he will spend much time to have kicks become a main offensive weapon. Sure he will throw some kicks here and there but not his bread and butter.

Most likely Feitosa (and Ewerton Teixeira) are on his camp to improve his kickboxing defense. Cain throws some powerful kicks, and that will be paramount when he faces Reem.

I used to love Glaube back in the day. He was never one of the elites but he was always entertaining and that kick was something beautiful.

I don't know if JDS had time to learn the kyukshin side kick or "brazilian kick" how some people call. watching feitosa training he has been doing that for thousands of hours, some videos of him kicking the bag with bungie cables attached to the leg with the ankle bleeding. but i JDS can learn to do that same way i would say that's over for everyone. he will be set to trash Anderson Silva record and bitch slap jon jones like a japanese schoogirl. Feitosa has managed to kick pretty much every one of the biggest legends of k1, his weak point was his boxing, what is not jds problem. with those hands and Feitosa kicking i would put him above the spider. ill probably get flamed for such comment but if you seem feitosa fight you know that kick is almost impossible to defend. specially if you are worried about the fighter's hand

badr killed glaube easily

The thing you should not do against Cain: kick

2.gif

Last edited:
Back