JDS training at American Top Team for his next fight; working on his wrestling

oh wow, this is great news.

JDS and ATT seems like a great fit.
They will improve his weaknesses and hone in on his strengths. This will make JDS a better all round fighter.

WAR JDS!!!!!!!!

Predicated on me having watched his fights. He was famously stopped by... well, everyone. Then he got massive and fought a steady diet of cans. He gets signed by the UFC, spectacularly fails his very first random PEDS test. Proceeds to resume getting knocked out in half his fights.

That is a completely honest and fair summary. He's also slimmed down considerably and I don't want to delve into that, but do NOT tell me it doesn't affect his durability and confidence. It does.

He beat Belfort twice, 1 of two people to ever submit him and he beat him everywhere over their 2 fights. He submitted Igor standing and TKOed Sergei on the ground.

Like I said you are underrating Overeem, yes he can be finished easier than most with strikes cause he freezes up when he takes a big shot(I don't mean mentally) but he is probably the most well rounded HW active right now or the second most behind Werdum and he has a 90% finishing rate.

I also don't use the word can as liberally as you do, I don't consider Mark Hunt, Rodgers(at the time), Duffee, and Werdum to be cans.

Overeem (read: modern diet Overeem) is similar to the guy he was before getting huge - he's getting knocked out by the marquee names he faces, and he hasn't even faced the best yet.

Dos Santos is going to summarily run over Overeem 9/10 times.

Mehehe, I don't know. I think the diet change def. effected him and his early fights. Think he has looked better since though. Shrugs, all top fighters have looked really poor at some time: Cain, Werdum, JDS.

Styles make fights though. I think Overeem could beat Werdum, JDS will be harder and Cain would be a terrible fight for him. On that note, even Cain looked sluggish in his last fight (sea level shit my ass), we'll have to see Cain fight again. Also think Overeem can beat Miocic. Anyway, all of those fighters can also knock him out. What is weird to me is that he doesn't focus on his ground game anymore, he used to be a great groundfighters at LHW.

I also don't use the word can as liberally as you do, I don't consider Mark Hunt, Rodgers(at the time), Duffee, and Werdum to be cans.
Kharitonov, Crocop, Brock, Frank Mir. Lol @ Brett Rogers at that time, he almost beat Fedor. Wifebeater beating Fedor, that would've been terrible.

Mehehe, I don't know. I think the diet change def. effected him and his early fights. Think he has looked better since though. Shrugs, all top fighters have looked really poor at some time: Cain, Werdum, JDS.

Styles make fights though. I think Overeem could beat Werdum, JDS will be harder and Cain would be a terrible fight for him. On that note, even Cain looked sluggish in his last fight (sea level shit my ass), we'll have to see Cain fight again. Also think Overeem can beat Miocic. Anyway, all of those fighters can also knock him out. What is weird to me is that he doesn't focus on his ground game anymore, he used to be a great groundfighters at LHW.

He's been using more of his tools lately, he beat up Mir and Struve by using his clinch and ground game more and more kicks and knees too against Nelson.

Kharitonov, Crocop, Brock, Frank Mir. Lol @ Brett Rogers at that time, he almost beat Fedor. :p

By at the time I mean at that point in time. Rogers was a top HW, some guys just flame out after some success at the top quickly.

By at the time I mean at that point in time. Rogers was a top HW, some guys just flame out after some success at the top quickly.

Glad he went down fast. The Overeem loss really was the start of his end. He never won a significant fight, ever again. And like I said, really happy he wasn't the first person to beat Fedor. Even though I really don't like how Werdum won, pulling him in like that. Hope Fedor gets to set it straight, would be so f-ing awesome. Fedor in the UFC! Too bad it will probably never happen. :(

Next, work on taking a step to the side, rather than straight back.

to think i was falling out of love with this man :,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|

Very good!!! He's the best striker in the division and can sharpen his game at Att, but more so the wrestling/grappling and physical parts of his game.

Even with the loss to jds I'd say werdum has more tools striking today.. Jds has the power and boxing but werdum is better at everything else atm

He should've done this when he was 22 or 23

Even with the loss to jds I'd say werdum has more tools striking today.. Jds has the power and boxing but werdum is better at everything else atm

Both have a excellent post fight troll faces.

Fnx4Tmo.jpg

15.jpg

He beat Belfort twice, 1 of two people to ever submit him and he beat him everywhere over their 2 fights. He submitted Igor standing and TKOed Sergei on the ground.

He beat Belfort during his five-losses-in-seven-fights losing bonanza. Let's play another game - tell me what all these people have in common:

Bobby Hoffman
Chuck Liddell
Rogerio Nogueira
Shogun Rua
Werdum
Ricardo Arona
Sergei Kharitonov
Bigfoot Silva
Traivs Brone
Ben Rothwell

They ALL stopped Overeem. Shogun did it twice for good measure, and 9 of them just straight up knocked him out.

Like I said you are underrating Overeem, yes he can be finished easier than most with strikes cause he freezes up when he takes a big shot(I don't mean mentally) but he is probably the most well rounded HW active right now or the second most behind Werdum and he has a 90% finishing rate.

He's rounded if you take into account he's shown an atrocious gas tank (see Browne, Travis) and has very little durability.

What do you suppose happens when a guy famous for a bad chin and low durability fights a heavyweight who's only lost - in his entire career - to one of the best fighters of his generation, and is quite literally a knockout artist?

Werdum stopped him, you are glossing over that. He was also lighting him up in exchanges in the rematch. I believe he beats him again in a third fight.

Duffee. Hold on, let me see if the lollercopter has gas, so I can fly around the room. Who gets knocked out more spectacularly than Duffee?

Dos Santos, super-fun KO. We'll talk about it after it happens. Cheers.

As if he is only training wrestling at ATT...
Come on people. We are just making things up to complain about now.

he's thinking past overeem.

Cain is the only guy with the wrestling to do that to him and he isn't the champ anymore, Werdum isn't going to try to wrestle him

Seems he didn't have many high quality guys around his size to train with though so hopefully this helps his game

Finally a decent camp for him. Never understood why he thought training with midgets would be a good idea.

He beat Belfort during his five-losses-in-seven-fights losing bonanza. Let's play another game - tell me what all these people have in common:

Bobby Hoffman
Chuck Liddell
Rogerio Nogueira
Shogun Rua
Werdum
Ricardo Arona
Sergei Kharitonov
Bigfoot Silva
Traivs Brone
Ben Rothwell

They ALL stopped Overeem. Shogun did it twice for good measure, and 9 of them just straight up knocked him out.

Another thing that is amusing is that only one person on your list has fought JDS. There are a couple people you listed that would beat JDS.

Bobby Hoffman
Chuck Liddell
Rogerio Nogueira
Shogun Rua
Werdum
Ricardo Arona
Sergei Kharitonov
Bigfoot Silva
Traivs Brone
Ben Rothwell

Another thing that is amusing is that only one person on your list has fought JDS. There are a couple people you listed that would beat JDS during that time.

Back