JDS to Overeem on twitter: Afraid? Are you kidding me?

It's asinine that people pretend JDS is somehow worse now. He had one fight against a top striker, that he clearly won 3-2, but somehow he's on the down slide. People are often hesitant to believe fighters injuries, and rightly so, but JDS had surgery right after that fight. He's been out since. He went into a tough stand up fight injured and still won; that's not too bad.

It's still more than enough to KO Reem. Even if you buy into this, 'JDS is damaged goods argument', then I still think that Junior has enough to win. He's never shown any sign of quitting. Even when he was way down on the cards against Cain he was still swinging, scrambling back to his feet, and fighting.

Reem isn't taking him down, or at least he's not keeping him there. Cain couldn't and he broke a record on TD attempts. He'll have to fight at a distance for kicks and right up in the clinch - anywhere in between and he's asking to be KO'd. I don't think he can manage to do that for an entire fight without getting clipped.

I think people are expecting JDS to show the damage he incurred over those fights with Cain and Stipe. Its not completely unheard of because he took an insane amount of damage in those 3 fights. Fights like that can ruin a guy overnight.

looks like they both want this fight hopefully it happens next as i would really like to see this matchup

that being said this is a horrible matchup for Reem, a guy with knockout power in both hands and a granite chin, well at least we'll get to see someone go nighty night

yeah I dont see the downslide guy got hurt against Stipe but still won, Reems defense is suspect and cardio is also the same. I think this will be similar to the Carwin fight, for heavens sake Reem lost to Ben Rothwell wtf. Dude was getting tooled by Brandon Vera until that heavy punch.

everyone is an expert now in using the media to pressur eothers haha

Bad bad matchup for Overeem. Would love to watch this fight go down.

JDS will still wreck Reem but he needs to fight more often. Nothing is more frustrating than inactive fighters; especially when they clog up the division (Cain, JDS, Aldo, Khabib, Pettis, etc)

Yah, WTF! Lets get going on this fight

Two Cain beatings, a narrow win and beating against Stipe, a long lay off, double knee surgery and a reconstructed nose.

The odds aren't good for JDS. All it takes is one big shot from him and Reem goes out but Econo Reem can hurt him bad if he fights smart. 50/50 fight to me but I'm learning torwards Reem since JDS doesn't seem the same both physically or mentally.

over/under 7 min.....although i doubt overeem makes it out of the first...JDS will catch him if he runs like he did against Big Country...if he doesnt run, its over!!!

As of August 2015, Econoreem has a damn good chance against zombie Jds.

Econoreem doesn`t stand a good chance of beating anyone in the top 5.

He does however, stand a great chance of getting KTFO by anyone in the division.

I think this fight is winnable for Reem, but he will need to fight in close. His clinch and knees will probably be key. Dont give JDS space, mix in a few TDs and I think Reem can beat him up and win a decision. However I think JDS only needs to hurt Reem once and he will get the finish after if he swarms. 15 mins is a long time to do it.

Overeem has improved and JDS has declined... Reem takes this one.

Wtf are you talking about? Velasquez? The man only Werdum and... dos Santos beat???

Miocic? You just do not know how good Miocic is.

He dominated everyone else, in the UFC.

dos Santos would knock Overeem out in the first round.

Man, I love how people automatically assume the Reem will be KO'd. I know it's JDS but come on! THINK about it for a while. Make a genuine conclusion!

You see Reem, You see JDS. boom. Automatically assume it's a KO.

I think it's SO obvious how everyone expects the KO that Jackson's camp will be game planning for that. It could very well still happen, but I think Reem has a better chance than most people think and he could surprise some of us.

Econoreem doesn`t stand a good chance of beating anyone in the top 5.

He does however, stand a great chance of getting KTFO by anyone in the division.

That's quite funny, considering he holds a win against the current HW champion.

People acting like it's impossible for Reem to get a finish. It's a pick em fight where Reem's kickboxing might disturb JDS' boxing. On the ground Reem will likely finish JDS

Back