JDS talks Minotauro retirement

I dislike Dana but he may have a point in this. Nog has taken a ton of damage and it will be bad for him and the UFC. Unless the fights a grappler who doesn't hit that hard like Struve (he has TKOs in his career but doesn't have the lights out power of a Nelson, Hunt or Carwin)

Have him fight Mir in a loser retires fight at the second co-main at the end of the year card

Why Mir? Have him fight Lil Nog.

Jds is right that it should be ultimately up to the fighters if they want to keep fighting. It may not be the right decision cues some guys don't know when to stop. But at the least he won't live with any regrets.

I want to see nog come out on top with a win or 2 and then call it a career

I don't agree with that. I think promotions have an obligation to step in at some point.

If Chuck Liddell or Big Nog keep saying they think they are on the come back track and will earn a title shot and in fight after fight we see them taking massive damage and everyone but them can see it, it is time for the promotion to say enough.

better to let them live with some regrets then end up like Ali, who I am sure also has regrets he just could not see at the time.

I do not condone Nog fighting 1 more single fight and I don't care if its against the worst guy in the ufc.

It's over and he should retire. Ill be mad if he fights again at this point.

one of my first favorite fighters... 14 fuckin years ago.

he is an all time great. but he needs to retire. look at his last couple fights. there are no big names that he has a chance against besides mir who has beat him twice with hl finishes. i would rqther him retire then to squeak by cans he would of smashed 5 years ago.

JDS should rethink because Cain gave him 2 of the worst beatings that probably took years off his life and career.

Doesn't really matter to me if Nog retires now but if he gets KO'd again, it might be time.

Josh Barnett

This.

UFC is in Japan the September. Either way this would be a great retirement match seeing that his legacy was started in Japan. He has to come out to the "No way out" music like he did in Pride.

Nog should retire & teach! I`m a big fan & don`t want to see him get hurt to bad! But if does fight I say any other older fighter except Mir! Heck even sign Cro Cop back for the Japan card? Could be a dbl retirement match?

Hopefully the UFC steps in.... He can't compete with the top and being at HW you never know who will knock him out.

Seriously worried we will see overeem vs nog in Japan or something ridiculous.

comment_uJjBdpUG70SK5PR79JOqHLk1yYw8HYS2.gif

The AC should at least test his vision in both eyes. I've read he is almost blind on one side.

The AC should at least test his vision in both eyes. I've read he is almost blind on one side.
He had surgery to fix it, but it's still not 100%.

I'm not sure what the limit is before it becomes considered dangerous.

Jds is right that it should be ultimately up to the fighters if they want to keep fighting. It may not be the right decision cues some guys don't know when to stop. But at the least he won't live with any regrets.

I want to see nog come out on top with a win or 2 and then call it a career

I agree usually, but I think Nog is to far gone. I don't say this just because I think his chin is shot or he is old, but his body is damaged. Look at him move around the ring, I know he always plodded around slower than everyone else but there is no pep in his step anymore. He zombie shuffles around the cage, and frankly he gave Roy an easy knock out. It would have been his easiest if Nog didn't have a chin. But the sad truth is Nog is just a sitting duck for other fighters to tee off on now

Back