JDS talks about his loss to Cain

What's sad is some of you crying about JDS making excuses are probably the same ones who were silent as fuck when Cain lost the first time and said he was unprepared...

They're 1 and 1. If they each feel they were not 100%, who the fuck are you to bash them for making that statement?

And to the guy saying why take the fight, because JON JONES wouldn't have taken it? LOL. You need a new role model. Unless driving wrecklessly while intoxicated and going back on your word is your thing, of course.

Here is the thing ... the excuses are fine to hear if they were legit but why take the fight if you know you are not 100%. Jon Jones doesn't take fights if he is not 100% ... I wouldn't either because people only remember that you lost and made excuses even if they were legit.

Clearly you thought you could win and didn't. That's all that matters.

I agree... if you're too injured/sick/whatever to fight, don't fight but to pull the "I was sick" card afterwards is making excuses. Not saying he's lying but if you choose to fight, you need to take responsibility for you decision...

Virtually no athlete is ever 100% perfect going into a game/fight/competition.

I think the problem is that JDS said on numerous occasions that he was 100% prefight

They're 1 and 1. If they each feel they were not 100%, who the fuck are you to bash them for making that statement?

We're the people paying to see them fight, and the people these interviews are directed at, we're more than qualified to criticized any word they say on these websites. If you step in that cage, you have no excuse for losing and need to acknowledge that your opponent was better than day

I love JDS, but I was hoping I wouldn't hear something like this from him. Generally, I don't like it when fighters say they lost a fight due to some problem of their own, as if it means they always must win a fight and if not, then it's due to themselves instead of the other fighter getting the best of them. I'm not doubting JDS for having problems though, just for me I don't like this kind of talk. Plus before the fight in the conference and interviews, he seemed really confident, all smiles, almost c0c]{y, like I'd never seen before, as if he was underestimating Cain. I dunno man all I sayin'. I actually believe he lost due to underestimating Cain, but if they fight again, I don't think he'll make the same mistake.

I don't buy that. Every fight has events leading up to them that shape them. This is context. That is all.

He is not dismissing Cain's win or anything he just said there were things that wasn't perfect leading to the fight.

Not an excuse

Cain's camp had excuses after the first fight, JDS the second, so the only way to settle this in due time is a trilogy. Let Reem face Cain after he beats Bigfoot. Let JDS face the loser of Bigfoot/Reem next, and then a number one contender match if he wins again. I would not give him a shot at Cain/Reem with only one win after that total butt kicking for 5 rounds. That was a total annhilation by Cain. Two more wins by JDS and then the rematch.

Before the fight, a lot of people were saying that he wasn't focused on the fight, for whatever reason. Seems like they were right.

He kept takling trash about Overeem. He seemed to be more concerned about Overeem than Cain. That's the sad truth.

lol, some of you are SO FULL OF SHIT. Saying "I knew it", "something was off that night beforehand", get the fuck outta here. JDS looked like he looked every other fight. He looked good at the staredown, and he looked powerful and hungry once in the cage pre-fight too.

Combine that with JDS saying beforehand that he had a great training camp and was at 100%, just makes this all too embarrassing to furthur discuss. He should take a vacation away from Brazil IMO.

The reality is, if JDS had come in with those exact issues against Mir he still would have knocked Mir out.

That performance had a hell of a lot more to do with Cain Velasquez than it did with Junior's personal problems and high creatine level.

JDS said in interview that one week before first fight he was on crutches and did fine in that fight but now he had "personal problems" so he lost? I don`t buy it, JDS should take his defeat with honor and don`t play on excuses

Great, this is how I felt when JDS talked shit about Overeem, Mir and Wladimir Klitschko.
He isn't that great that justifies the comments he made about them...
JDS got put in his place and I loved it. :icon_lol:
AND still he keeps talking shit, he should just say I got outclassed if he is really that humble his hugger claim he is...

I dont see that JDS has ever been truly humble. That was a trait that his fanboys bestowed upon him. He always made statements to the contrary of humbleness.

I am glad Cain humbled him but it seems JDS needs more humbling.

There was nothing wrong with JDS in that fight other than he got molly whopped by Cain. He came in there with the same game plan that he always does. Try not to get taken down and deliver the big power punch. It didnt work and game over for JDS.

Supercharged has arrived. Took him long enough.

It's all downhill from here folks. Let's just move on.

Damn. Seems like JDS had alot wrong with him. You have to wonder why he didn't pull out? Oh, if he had won he wouldn't of said anything...

Well atleast he didn't use the line of "I don't want to make excuses but.."

Damn. Seems like JDS had alot wrong with him. You have to wonder why he didn't pull out? Oh, if he had won he wouldn't of said anything...

Well atleast he didn't use the line of "I don't want to make excuses but.."

I'm guessing that if he won, there'd be no reason for an interviewer to ask him what contributed to the loss.

You wouldn't catch Cain saying these things. Cain is a man's man.

I'm guessing that if he won, there'd be no reason for an interviewer to ask him what contributed to the loss.

The interviewer asked him why did he perform poorly in comparison to his other fights. You can win a fight while performing badly. An interviewer could still ask the same question.

Back