JDS talks about his loss to Cain

Jesus, that's a lot of excuses to fit into a few sentences.

If people are interested enough I could translate the rest of the interview, I've got some free time.

I don't buy that. Every fight has events leading up to them that shape them. This is context. That is all.

He is not dismissing Cain's win or anything he just said there were things that wasn't perfect leading to the fight.

Not an excuse

This. People on here analyze every word of a fighter who lost. Cain said that he injured his knee before their first fight. It

Word on the street is that Cain's left pinky toe was not 100% and he had a headache going into the fight. If it was not for these problems he would of had even a better performance.

a real fighter should have said: because i got my ass kicked by the best heavyweight in the world

I don't buy that. Every fight has events leading up to them that shape them. This is context. That is all.

He is not dismissing Cain's win or anything he just said there were things that wasn't perfect leading to the fight.

Not an excuse

It's his responsibility to be %100 mentally and physically prepared and healthy before the fight, as was Cain's. It was a fair fight that Cain won, and JDS is making excuses.

I'll provide a rough translation for the question that sums up the interview:

"UOL Esporte: And what happened? Why did you perform so poorly in comparison with your previous fights?

JDS: It was really my head. I had some personal things going on, some of my attention was missing because of that. And there's something else. Right after the fight, I went to the hospital and took an exam that revealed that my creatine [level] was very high. The normal is for it to be up to 300 and mine was at 1,400. I also had problems with my urine and kidneys."

Read more (in Portuguese).

or may be cain is just a better fighter !

It's his responsibility to be %100 mentally and physically prepared and healthy before the fight, as was Cain's. It was a fair fight that Cain won, and JDS is making excuses.

When did JDS say it wasn't a fair fight?

They are. I don't know if they're explanations too, but excuses they are.

What is the difference between explanations and excuses?

For me an explanation is supported with facts and circumstances that reveal why for example someone underperformed, i.e. Cain- long lay off etc.

An excuse on the other hand is used more when someone is trying to talk his way out of a bad position he put himself in/a bad loss without having any real arguments outside the fact that he sucked

A lot of ppl use the word excuse in th wrong way around here. And its pretty annoying.

That said the reason why JDS lost was obvious. He allowed the fear of being taken and held down to consume all of his concentration and even though he was doing good in getting back up when he was up he totally forgot his own game. I'm sure he's do better next time and all the hate and diminishing talk is unnecessary and lacks objectivity just like it did when Cain lost the first fight and everyone was quick to point out how he was never any good in the first place. Probably big part of the ppl on here who were saying Cain does not stand chance now say the same for Cigano....well

I'm not a JDS nuthugger btw, I really respect both Cain and JDS as they are humble guys, who talk mostly via their fists.

Kidney problems sometimes happen if you've been beaten the fuck up.

I love JDS but he was in trouble when Cain started backing him and chasing around the cage, stopping JDS from getting into a stance where he could use his boxing. Weak jabs that Cain ignored. Also Cain was wise to the body shots that JDS uses to set up upper cuts.

In Las Vegas when the Nogueira brothers first touched down in America. There was a bus, this is a true story. There was a bus that pulled up to a red light, and Little Nog tried to feed it a carrot, while Big Nog was petting it. He thought it was a horse.

And now you telling me that Nogueira is JDS mentor... Bus a carrot! :icon_chee

To be fair to JDS, he didn't blurt this out in a movie theater. He was asked specifically why he didn't perform well and he gave an answer. He was saying for a week after that the camp was good and he felt good and Cain just beat him but they keep fucking asking so I guess he's just giving whatever small bit of information they're looking for.

lol at Cain nutthuggers bashing JDS.

At least JDS was conscious at the end unlike Cain.

Love JDS, but I think when a guy loses he should just congratulate his opponent and be done with it. Like how after the first Griffin fight Shogun didn't say anything despite the obvious knee injury, even when they asked him about it directly.

I'm a JDS and a Silva fan, but I have seen both of them now make excuses. Perhaps it's a cultural thing? Here, it's not smart to make an excuse even if there is a valid one to make. People never seem to buy them. Remember the Steelers coach after the Superbowl loss? That wasn't his fault, yet I think he took all the blame upon himself rather than be seen making excuses. Better off just sucking up the loss, fixing your mistakes, and driving on.

I'll provide a rough translation for the question that sums up the interview:

"UOL Esporte: And what happened? Why did you perform so poorly in comparison with your previous fights?

JDS: It was really my head. I had some personal things going on, some of my attention was missing because of that. And there's something else. Right after the fight, I went to the hospital and took an exam that revealed that my creatine [level] was very high. The normal is for it to be up to 300 and mine was at 1,400. I also had problems with my urine and kidneys."

Read more (in Portuguese).

Weird, my translation came out different.

I was distracted because Overeem got in my head. I was too worried about his urine sample and fighting him to focus on Cain....but then my Portuguese is not so good.

Back